Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF2 patch pulled?

Options
  • 09-07-2005 1:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Seriously wtf?

"July 08, 2005 - The community has discovered a rather serious memory leak within the 1.01 patch for Battlefield 2, which also exists in the server code, causing servers to crash on a regular basis. Sadly, this has resulted in EA pulling the updated patch and server files, with their instructions being to revert to the original install of the game:

First off, a HUGE thanks to all of you who emailed me in regards to the memory leak found in the update we released earlier this week (v1.01). Your emails found their way to our production team and they're in the process of evaluating what needs to be done in order to get this fixed. In the meantime, and since the 1.01 update is causing memory leakage on some systems, we recommend that you reinstall the game and NOT the v1.01 update we released earlier this week.

Reinstalling Battlefield 2 will not affect your in-game medals or ranked server statistics. EA and DICE are committed to getting a fix for v1.01 as soon as we possibly can and will continue to keep you informed through this web space in the coming days."

This a ****ing joke.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/632/632569p1.html

I think General Death of TMT sums it up well.

This word of advice goes out to EA from TMT. Please revamp your QC departments. It is evident that the current method is not working. The last two major titles you as a company have developed and/or published have had serious issues that could easily been discovered with a proper group of testers. You guys are luckly that Dice had a major role in this game as with even its many flaws its still a great game. Get it in gear EA before its too late!!!

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Good old Ea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Thats what you get when you rush patches!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Oh good old EA, never cease to amaze u :rolleyes: . Calling back a patch, has this ever been done?? Now they gonna need a patch to patch the screwed up patch :eek: .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Lol, what a farce. A patch that needs patching.

Another first for EA games.

*applause*

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Waht? I have to reinstall my f*cking sh|t? F*ck that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

Why could'nt they hold back a few weeks.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Kare Bear wrote:
    Why could'nt they hold back a few weeks.:mad:

because the game is realy buggy and is in dire need of patching
    but they messed up and made things worse

how the hell did 1 and 1.01 get past QA

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

the_syco wrote:
    Waht? I have to reinstall my f*cking sh|t? F*ck that!

TBH it only takes a couple of minutes and all your settings are saved in your profile anyways . Having said that , I think I only rolled back because i couldn't get a game anywhere else :)

Advertisement