Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nvidia drivers

• 08-06-2001 1:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

has anyone installed the new nvidia drivers? Im having trouble getting them going with my mandrake installation....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Never had any problems with them myself. Of course they were installed at installation.
    I guess you've already tried the Nvidia site. What kind of problems are you having?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

Worked fine for me on my rh7.0 box, playing the demo of soldier of fortune grand so it does..also q3 seems to want to play in slow mo, but i've not really played with the drivers much but all the games from loki demo's work fine.

Update..got q3 working fine on a rh7.1 box using the latest nvidia drivers. Oh how sweet it is..

[This message has been edited by Ronin (edited 12-06-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by podgeen:
    has anyone installed the new nvidia drivers? Im having trouble getting them going with my mandrake installation....</font>
    Well, I installed them onto Mandrake 8.0 (including GLX).

What do you want to know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

It might be an idea if you mentioned what error messages rpm is giving you when you go to install the packages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kali:
    It might be an idea if you mentioned what error messages rpm is giving you when you go to install the packages.</font>
    And which one's you're using! smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

sorry I wasnt looking for help really (enuff readme's/faqs around)
    was just asking had anyone else installed/had trouble with em.. just looking for opinions..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Yep, installed 'em on Mandrake 7.1 yesterday... welcomed to a nice corrupt display biggrin.gif

Advertisement