Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Play-off spot on a sliver platter

• 09-07-2005 2:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭

Was just wondering would you take the (World Cup) play-off spot now if it was offered to you?

I for one, certainally would. Hand and all.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Id say youd be struggling, just yourself against a full international standard soccer team, but yeah Id take it for a laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

NO Way. We should be aiming to win the group. We're the best team in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

As it stands, I think I would take the spot. Difficult to say as sometimes watching Ireland, you know we are the best team in the group (at least going by France's performances in same group).

The Swiss are the real wild card in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

The Swiss are the real wild card in there.

You're right there Doc, I want us to hammer them in the last game! REVENGE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

oh yes! i still have bitter memories of them beating us at landsdown. worst irish game i've ever been to.

looking forward to beating them 2-0 at home though!

beat the swiss, draw with france again and beat the cypriots away and we've the top spot in the bag...

it would be so much easier if we'd beaten the israelies

<
    oh yes ma thousanth post.... !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

No way!! Ireland are by far the best team in the group as France have been quite poor imho. We had much better use of possesion and don't forget O'Shea just missed the post. We were the better team by a long shot. And that was AWAY in the Stade De France.

Kone wrote:
    You're right there Doc, I want us to hammer them in the last game! REVENGE!

That will be a game and a half regardless of whether or not qualification is decided by then - which seems very unlikely. Bigger game than the france one very possibly when you consider the last results between the sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Yes, because Henry alone could rip apart our team if he wanted to, and theres always the chance he might show up that day and score a hatrick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

Agreed, I'm still afraid of France coming to Lansdowne, they could destroy us but I think the Swiss match will be huge regardless of the France result.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

No, because we'd probably lose the play-off anyway. I'll keep my finger's x-d that we'll win the group (tho I can't see it happening).

Advertisement