Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denis Leary = Mofo

• 09-07-2005 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

So here's the thing. The other half has got me tickets for dennis leary. To me Dennis Leary is Thevieng, Cuniving plastic paddy MOFO. Who has built his carrer on Bill Hicks Grave. That is for all of u who dont. Leary stole all his jokes from Mr. hicks. Thatd why he's not had a hit stand up show since 93. Hicks died in 94. The gig is in september and i think we here in boards should, no need to tach Mr. Dreay a lesson. by attending and heckling and Humiliating the mofo. So i propose that we prepare in advace by pracicing and fine tuning are heckesl here on Boards.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I don't get it...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,237 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

shacko wrote:
    So here's the thing. The other half has got me tickets for dennis leary. To me Dennis Leary is Thevieng, Cuniving plastic paddy MOFO. Who has built his carrer on Bill Hicks Grave. That is for all of u who dont. Leary stole all his jokes from Mr. hicks. Thatd why he's not had a hit stand up show since 93. Hicks died in 94. The gig is in september and i think we here in boards should, no need to tach Mr. Dreay a lesson. by attending and heckling and Humiliating the mofo. So i propose that we prepare in advace by pracicing and fine tuning are heckesl here on Boards.

Most comedians have stolen something from Bill Hicks, not just Leary. Like most Black comedians have stole from Richard Pryer. The same happens in music but they call it '"Influenced By".

I guarantee thou if you try heckling him, he'll tear you to pieces.

Oh Yeah whats MOFO??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

You have to be 'special' to understand this type of humour.

Especially when the poster is spamming other fora on the same topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭shacko

Dude Ive seem leary twice and he has only ever one responce for hecklers. "Fvck yiu, you paid to come see me" he''s Sh**te. No cure for cancewr is bill hicks dangerous almost word for word

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Why are you posting exactly the same messgaes on both boards? I mean even your "responses"...which aren't really a response to anything, just a further comment...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

its uncredited but bill hicks did a lot of the writing for no cure for cancer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

so you hate Bill hicks..

WHO CARES?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

shacko wrote:
    "Fvck yiu, you paid to come see me"

Why would you pay to go see someone you don't like twice? That makes no sense.

If you hate him so much would it not make more sense to get people to boycott his show, and if you feel so strongly about him stealing his material (yawn) then you can picket outside the point all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

as opposed to actually giving money to someone you hate so you can sit and watch them do something that upsets you so much.

why wouild you do that?

if you want, you can pay me €50 and i'll stand in front of you reciting bill hicks jokes for an hour. sounds like a great way to make a living tbh, maybe you could get some more people to pay me and come and watch too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭landser

shacko wrote:

if your heckles are as erudite and well thought out as this appallingly written, badly spelt, grammatically murderous and generally f*ckwitted posting is, then Leary will have your lilly white ass for breakfast.

You say that he built his career on Hick's grave, and then say that he hasn't had a hit show since '93, when Hicks died in '94 :confused:

Why don't you just sell the bloody tickets. there will be people there who want to see him, not listen to your halfwit jibes.

BTW, you can heckle me at anytime for the price of €37.50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

yeah, but if you heckle me at €50 you'll get a much better and well rehearsed ripoff of your favourite comedians than with landser's. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Yep. Hicks is dead, God rest him, so yeah, I'd go see Leary if I was in town.

But then I'm an Ass*ole, I'm an Ass*ole, I'm an Ass*ole..., etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭shacko

cool landser. Let me knw when ur gigiing again. youll know me cause ill be the one bracking a bottle over ur head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

"bracking a bottle" - does that mean every bottle has a cheap ass ring inside, like Halloween brac?

Or is it a regional dialect that I am not familiar with - maybe Hublandish (;) ) or the even rarer dialect of "Talkoutofmyownass-is"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Im going to see the show in september because denis leary is one funny son of a b....

shacko I suggest if you dont like mr. leary then dont bother going as im sure myself and the rest of the people im going with will gladly make you suffer for any heckling you do, by heckling you in return. muwahaha because im an assh*le, and proud of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭landser

shacko wrote:
    cool landser. Let me knw when ur gigiing again. youll know me cause ill be the one bracking a bottle over ur head

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Ph3n0m wrote:
    "bracking a bottle" - does that mean every bottle has a cheap ass ring inside, like Halloween brac?

LMFAO

But seriously to the OP what is the point of trying to heckle a comedian in a venue the size of the point? well obviously apart from getting yourself beaten to a pulp by the angry people who paid good money to see the guy and don't really care that he ripped off Bill Hicks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭hawkmoon269

In fairness he didn't steal all his jokes from Bill......just some of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I recently watched one of Bill Hicks last performances on video and, having heard so much about him, i was distinctly underwhelmed.

In my opinion he is an awful comedian. Sure, some of his material is gold, but this is the same old tired material he had been recycling his whole career (which began I think, when he was fourteen). Also he was revolutionary comedian, unparralleled in his use of controversial and taboo subjects.

Apart from that most of his act was telling a lot of lame jokes that went on for far too long, followed by long pauses and childish face-pulling while the audience tittered nervously and waited for him to get on with it. And then there is his 'Goat Boy' routine, which is inexplicable, disturbing, distressing and complelely devoid of any of the merits of humour or entertainment. worst of all it lasts for about twenty minutes.

So Denis Leary steals some of his jokes, it's not uncommon thing for comedians around the globe. In my view, Leary is far superior, he puts an unfettered energy into his shows which is quite refreshing in an era of deadpan, deadjoke comedians.

No one compares to Bill Bailey though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

You've got to brack a bottle or two booooooooys....You've got to brack a bottle or two. /endmusicalinterlude

• Advertisement
Advertisement