Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just a reminder about the big fights coming up .

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Big Ears

FIGHTS OF 2005
    Sky Sports 2, New Year's Eve, 7.30pm
    Sky Sports 2, New Year's Day, 8am & 4pm
    Sky Sports 3, New Year's Day, 7pm
    KNOCKOUTS OF 2005
    Sky Sports 2, New Year's Eve, 5pm

: from Sky Sports website .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Saw and taped the KO's of the Year, good but #1 was very predictable, for sky...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

efb wrote:
    Saw and taped the KO's of the Year, good but #1 was very predictable, for sky...

Spot on. It was a good KO but wouldn't have been my #1 either.

Geiger wrote:
    Spot on. It was a good KO but wouldn't have been my #1 either.

I know Sky didn't show the fight but Brewsters KO of Krasniqui would be my #1 .

Yeah, Brewster was awesome in that fight. Pity only saw the KO in low quality mpeg but beggars can't be choosers.

Here's the list of ITV's upcoming fights:

Saturday January 28, ITV1, 2245-0030

Michael Jennings v Young Mutley for the British welterweight championship.

Kevin Mitchell v TBA for the IBF intercontinental super-featherweight championship.

Amir Khan v TBA

Saturday February 18, ITV4, time tba

Alex Arthur v Ricky Burns for the British, Commonwealth and European super-featherweight championships.

Saturday February 25, ITV1, time tba Fight card to be announced also

Saturday March 4, ITV 1, time tba

Joe Calzaghe v Jeff Lacy for the WBO and IBF world super-middleweight championships.

Saturday March 11, ITV4, time tba

Gary Lockett v Ryan Rhodes for the vacant WBU world middleweight championship.

Feb 25th is meant to be Skelton V Williams .

Big Ears wrote:
    Feb 25th is meant to be Skelton V Williams .

Cool, didn't realise it was so soon. Who's your pick in the fight Big Ears? I think it could be short and explosive with Skelton winning by TKO. Of course Danny's heart will be a factor but I really doubt he loves the sport these days.

I also pick Skelton by TKO unless Danny can come in 10-15 lbs lighter than he was against Harrison . Unfortunatly for Williams I don't think he will drop that much weight and his lack of mobility will be his downfall , as I believe he will struggle to keep the mauling Bedford Bear(;) ) off him . I feel Williams will be hoping for a miraculous punch to turn it around in his favour because he's too heavy to out-box Skelton despite his better skills and he'll be the one under pressure with his lack of mobilty again being the problem . Basically , Danny's too chubby to win .

Lenny Daws(12-0-0) V Colin Lynes(26-2-0) in a British light-welterweight title Eliminater , Friday 20th January on SKY sports 1 .

Daws was meant to fight for the vacant Commonwealth light-welterweight title but his team felt he was too inexperienced . The winner (which will be Lynes) will face Nigel Wright (English champion) for the title . Lynes recently lost a British , Commonwealth and European title challenge to Junior Witter and is a former IBO title holder .

and thankfully SKY are showing Manny Pacquiao(40-3-2) V Erik Morales(48-3-0) (WBC Super Featherweight title Eliminater) Sunday the 22nd of January at 10:30 am . This is about 6 hours after the fight will have started so at least the delayed showing isn't to long after the fight .

I presume we will also get to see the Martin Castillo(29-1-0) V Alexander Munoz(28-1-0) fight , as well as the highlights of one or two more fights , maybe Anthony Thompson(20-1-0) V Jose Luiz Zertuche (17-2-2) and Jimrex Jaca (24-1-1) V Ivan Valle (23-5-1) .

• Advertisement

Sky subscriptions been cancelled as of February 11th...guess I'm pretty thankful for ITV now! Ah well, will probably be able to get a mate to tape the big fights from sky and I can still order box office events.

I might as well fill in what SKY have scheduled (other than those last two cards I posted) for this new year .

Friday 27th January(10pm)
    Lightweight Graham Earl v Yuri Romanov (12)
    plus an undercard including Gary Woolcombe and Sam Webb .

Friday 10th February
    Middleweight Scott Dann v James Obede Toney(12) (no he hasn't dropped 70lbs and gone back down to middleweight it's a different guy ;) )
    Commonwealth Middleweight Title
    FlyweightLee Haskinsv Vuyani Kheswa (12)
    Vacant Commonwealth Flyweight Title

Friday 24th February
    Featherweight Nicky Cook v Yuri Voronin (12) (yes that is the guy Bernard Dunne beat and no he shouldn't be fighting for the European title)
    European (EBU) Featherweight Title

Friday 17th March
    Bantamweight Martin Power v Isaac Ward (12)
    British Bantamweight Title

Friday 31st March
    Super Middleweight Carl Froch v Brian Magee (12)
    British Super Middleweight Title
    Commonwealth Super Middleweight Title

Expect two to four cards to be made inbetween those dates that are not scheduled .

Just added to what Sky sports are showing

Fri Feb 03
    Injin Chi v Takashi Koshimoto
    10pm Sky Sports 1
    WBC Featherweight Title

Chi's a great fighter to watch and I expect him to deal with koshimoto fairly comfortably . He will then fight Humberto Soto (who holds the interim title) if Soto defends his title in the meantime . The winner of the Chi V Soto fight will have Nicky Cook as their mandatory should he defeat Yuri Vorinin and then come through a final eliminater . Plenty of variables there :D but I think we'll end up seeing a Chi V Cook fight .

Edit to the 10th of February card . James Obede Toney has vacated his commonwealth title and Scott Dann will now face Larry Sharpe for it .

Friday 3rd March Sky Sports , 10pm
    Super Bantamweight Michael Hunter v Yersin Jailauov
    European Super Bantamweight Title
    Light Middleweight Mihaly Kotai v Steve Conway
    IBO Light Middleweight Title
    Super Bantamweight Sean Hughes v Marc Callaghan (10rds)
    Eliminater for British Super Bantamweight title

Friday 17th March Sky Sports , 10pm
    Welterweight Kevin Anderson v ?
    Commonwealth Welterweight Title

Friday 24th March Sky Sports , 10pm
    Cruiserweight David Haye v Lasse Johansen
    European Cruiserweight Title

On March 4th ITV(not sure of time yet) Enzo Maccarinelli is fighting for the WBO interim Cruiserweight belt , his opponent is unamed but likely to be Mark Hobson . It was scheduled for Johnny Nelson to defend the WBO title against Enzo but he picked up an injury .

Ossie Duran will defend his commonwealth title against Bradley Pryce(on the Ryan Rhodes V Gary Lockett card) , if Pryce can defeat David Barnes on the Calzaghe V Lacy card .

25th March ITV (no idea of time yet)
    Featherweight Scott Harrison v Joan Guzman
    WBO Featherweight Title

+Amir Kahn against ?

Amir Kahn , Ross Minter , Kevin Mitchell , Souleymane M'baye and Scott Gammer all on the Danny Williams V Matt Selton card .

29th April ITV (no idea of time yet)
    Matt Skelton V Scott Gammer
    British and Commonwealth titles-fight is depends on wheather both men win their upcomming fights .

and thats most of the fights being broadcast on tv in the near future .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Sun May 7 WBC Light-Middleweight Title

Ricardo Mayorga v Oscar de la Hoya 02.00
    SS1 MGM Grand Las Vegas

Sat May 13 WBA Welterweight Title
    Luis Collazo v Ricky Hatton
    IBF Light-Heavyweight Title
    Clinton Woods v Jason DeLisle
    IBF Featherweight Title
    Valdemir Pereira v Esham Pickering
    22.00 SBO Fleet Center Boston

Sun May 21 WBC Super Featherweight Title
    Marco Antonio Barrera v Rocky Juarez 02.00 SS1 Staples Center, Los Angeles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Fri Dec 1 12 Rounds Featherweight
    Juan Manuel Marquez v Jimrex Jaca 22.00 SS1 Hildago
    Texas

Sun Dec 3 12 Rounds Middleweight
    Ronald 'Winky' Wright v Ike Quartey 02.00 SS2 St Pete Times Forum
    Tampa, Florida

I presume Marquez fight is recorded from the previous week and shown
    on the friday, Winky is LIVE though which is good.

Sun Dec 10 WBC & WBO Middleweight titles
    Jermain Taylor v Kasim Ouma 02.00 SS2 Alltel Arena
    Little Rock, Arkansas

Friday November 24th Carl Froch(British and Commonwealth Super Middleweight champion) v Tony Dodson(former British champ , had to vacate title cause of injury) 22:00 SS1 , Froch will win but it should be a very good scrap while it lasts .
    Undercard has Dave Stewart(lost a British title challenge in his last fight) v Kpakpo Allotey(lost a commonwealth title challenge in his last fight) , it's an eliminater for the commonwealth Lightweight title , expect Stewart on points .

Darren Barker , John O'Donnell and Billy Corcoran also feature on the undercard .

Advertisement