Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is going to be insane!

Options
  • 09-07-2005 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭

Check this out guys:

"CANNIBAL CORPSE, LAMB OF GOD, WATCHTOWER Members Form MACHINATIONS OF DEMENTIA [Hot Flashes - 05.07.09 07:22:18]

CANNIBAL CORPSE bassist Alex Webster, WATCHTOWER/SPASTIC INK guitarist Ron Jarzombek and LAMB OF GOD drummer Chris Adler have formed a new project tentatively dubbed MACHINATIONS OF DEMENTIA. Jarzombek has posted the following update on his website about the project:

"For the past several months, I have been writing some heavy, brutal, technical, psychedelic, doomy music with Mr. "Hammer Smashed Bass" himself Alex Webster, bassist for Cannibal Corpse. Yeah, I know, holy crap! At the rate we are going, we will have enough material for a full CD by the end of the year. Of course, I don't want to give out a 'release date', but so far, we have about 40 minutes of material and aren't slowing down any time soon.

Not totally decided on a name yet, we are tentatively calling the project Machinations Of Dimentia. On drums will be none other than Chris Adler from Lamb Of God. YIKES!!!!... Due to Chris' heavy touring schedule with LAMB OF GOD over the past months, he has had very little time to work on material, but the 3 of us are committed to making this happen.

Alex is also extremely busy with the Cannibal Corpse guys writing their next CD. They are scheduled to record in November, then in early/mid 2006 will most likely go on tour for several months, or even longer. And so the deadline for this project to be completed is by the first few months of 2006. If we don't make it, then we'll be in for a long wait until Alex gets back.

We are writing tunes via the internet with mp3s, and sheet music written in Encore and PowerTab. Originally, Alex, Chris and I were going to get together and play live in Virginia a few times to put songs together, but with conflicting schedules, there would be too many delays. And so while Chris is currently on tour, Alex and I just keep writing and writing, and putting more and more tunes together.

One thing I wanted to mention about the project was that I think it's so cool that I found these guys to record with and as far as I know, they have only recorded with their respective bands. They aren't players that have been on every one else's recording, and so it's an honor to be working with these guys.

We have chosen the topic/concept of brain inactivity and disorders. There are 17 titles to work with, but not all of them will be full "songs". Tracks will vary in length from 1 minute to 8-10 minutes. Probably a good full hour of some techy yet brutal stuff. Song titles include 'Narcolepsy', 'Bleeding In The Brain', 'R.E.M.', 'Synaptic Plasticity', 'Laser Lobotomy', 'The Insomniac', 'EEG Tracings', 'Oscillation Cycles' and 'Brain Fingerprinting'.

Also, kind of interesting (for me anyways!) is the new Circle Of 12 Tones theoretical system that Alex and I are using for writing tunes. There are a few videos of tunes here. Check it out!"

http://www.bravewords.com/news.html?id=30014

Can you imagine this combination?! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

:eek:

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Buddhapadge

That sounds amazing! I'd love to hear Alex Webster with a really good drummer, not just with blastbeats all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Drevin Fairy

for a minute i thought you were going to tell me that they were coming to ireland....
    But wow.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Yeah i wish they were coming!

I do hope they release this album though - what an amazing line up - top musicians all around!

(Oh, and FYI, threads about gigs go in the gigs section, lest KH crucifies us ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

Woah sounds good.Where did you find that out.:)

• Advertisement

Where did you find that out

See link below the text. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

This is all well and good but when is Mathematics coming out? :p

After Advanced Astrophysics, of course. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

and all of this after "Universal Truths, Myths and Legends - The World at the Bottom of a Bottle"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

for a minute i thought you were going to tell me that they were coming to ireland....
    But wow.......

yeah...
    damn ...
    oh well, still cool

• Advertisement
Advertisement