Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

How do you keep track of your burnt CD stuff???

• 09-07-2005 7:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I use Ruby as a small database-driven program for cataloging CDRs, DVDs etc. It's useful to quickly query for something you have backed up on say CD 52 in your collection. Question is, does any one have any faves or recommendations? Ruby is fine but just wondering what people use. Ruby allows to search by file, directory names. It also scans CDRs, removable media etc... and adds them to the database automatically which is cool. You can also export them to .csv like below. One is at the cd collection level and the other example is what is on one cd.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i'm still using an app called maxlister, that hasn't had an update since jan 2002 :o
    pretty damn handy when it works

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I use Where is it?
    Fantastic program and I have well over 1TB indexed with it

Advertisement