Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far cry - use controller?

Options
  • 09-07-2005 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭

Hi i bought that ps2 controller adapter for pc but I cant figure out how to set it up for the Game,
    Far Cry, do you know if it is possible?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

FPS on PC + controller = no go. Especially in Multiplayer. You'll get trashed.

Anyway! onto the subject. Ive no idea tbh...lol sorry :o

Nothing came with the pad itself? ie instructions.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,345 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Sandals wrote:
    Hi i bought that ps2 controller adapter for pc but I cant figure out how to set it up for the Game,
    Far Cry, do you know if it is possible?
    does it say any thing on the back of far cry box about pc controller

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

No I can get it working on other games its just I cant find the set up control scree on Far Cry,

I am already getting thrashed on multiplayer,very bad,

why the way why do I keep getting "Kicked"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

does it say any thing on the back of far cry box about pc controller

no.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I had a look through the control options for you and there's no sign of a joypad option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,345 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Sandals wrote:
    No I can get it working on other games its just I cant find the set up control scree on Far Cry,

I am already getting thrashed on multiplayer,very bad,

why the way why do I keep getting "Kicked"?
    all you need is practise and a controller is crap online

if you want a good online game get call of duty
    boy i was class at cod even with my 56k i could trash bb owners no bother

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

grimloch wrote:
    I had a look through the control options for you and there's no sign of a joypad option.
    shouldn't have to be a joypad option as every developer knows that 99.99999998% of pc players know that joypads are crap for fps'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I wasn't expecting to find one as I can't think of any FPS game off the top of my head that has it but just took a look to see if I could help him out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

It usually has the best results with games you would expect to find on a console aswell. I would bet timesplitters would work FP with the controller but is it out on PC or did I just imagine it. The controller is only really any use for eg nfsu2 and the like or platform games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

wonder how halo would work?

but as far as i know in console FPS's they use larger cross-hairs and a kinda auto-aim to make it easier not the same on PC's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭RotalicaV

Beginers always have a phobia of PC games on the keyboard/mouse. I remeber thinking pc games were retarded. Now i can't even look at FPS games with a constroller.

It will pass, you will learn to love it..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

These people speak wisdom. Far Cry is not meant for joy pad. Be at one with the mouse keyboard and not only will you succeed in Far Cry, you will open a door to enjoyment of other such fps wonders like Half life 2, counter-strike, photoshop cs and of course Deus Ex (NOT THE INVISIBLE ONE WHICH IS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FIRST AS THE FIRST DID NOT SUCK).

Now don't get me wrong. Halo and others simply excell with a nice analog controller but Far Cry isn't one of them. It's a real pc FPS. :)

It's a real pc FPS.

And its actually being released for consoles, so you could always wait until then.... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Yeah , and half - life was released on playstation just to give an example of what to expect.

BF2 is being released on xbox and if they were allowed to play online with pc users it would be brilliant. Not because its a sign of co-operation between consol and pc fanbois but because the xbox users would get so slaughtered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Yeah , and half - life was released on playstation just to give an example of what to expect.

BF2 is being released on xbox and if they were allowed to play online with pc users it would be brilliant. Not because its a sign of co-operation between consol and pc fanbois but because the xbox users would get so slaughtered.

Yeah, I remember bringing on teh ownage with Quake 3 on dc even though I'd get my ass handed to me on alot of pc servers. Such a lower standard

back OT - Don't waste your time with a joypad on FarCry. Persevere with Keyboard/Mouse it's the only way for 95% of fps games. Only one's I've really enjoyed with a controller have been made by Rare or Free Radical.

I remember the first time ever playing Quake original

"How the fcuk are you guys playing with this crap thing" (keyboard)

Thought I was master superior using the keypad, scoffing at the stupid 'board users.

Now I wouldnt touch a pc controller under any circumstance (unless it was a racing game, a genre which I never play in any case)

Advertisement