Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best set of cans for €150ish?

• 09-07-2005 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

You guys must be sick of my posts of this vein lately :p

my birthday is coming up and my current set are utterly ****e for blocking out noise (foam just don't cut it :rolleyes: )

any advice muchly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

What's your current set?

Do you want portability or is it for home listening?

Have you seen shure.com? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i've currently got a set of sennheiser ones that i used for home listening before i got my decks. (got them in maplins for €30 or something...)
    they're alright but i'd much rather have something with a closed cup. they don't really block out noise at all, so i have to crank them up a fair bit..

was thinking of just going for the nicest set of sennheisers that i could see for that kind of price. if you're paying that much, you'd expect them to be top quality...

Well I was going to buy the Sennhiesser (sp?) 250s a while back...portable enough not to look stupid, but closed cup and noise cancelling unit included.
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000089GN2/ref=pd_sxp_f/102-7046671-7769759?v=glance&s=electronics

In the end (probably not what your looking for) I went for Shure E2cs from eBay. Tiny and seriously good...doesn't hurt my ears at all either. Replacing my foams with silicone upgrades from the states this week.
    There's also the option of Bose (http://www.bose.com/) but no experience with them myself.
    Also check http://www.earphonesolutions.com/ before you buy :D

All in all what you need to do is go read www.head-fi.org.

Hope that helps.

hmmm... think i might go for a new mixer instead... €150 is a bit much to be spending on a pair of headphones.

planning on getting a gemini ps04 now :)

After all that?!

You don't have to pay that much. If you like your music def. consider paying 50-100 to get some really value of it.

Your choice though I suppose. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭spyro_2001ie

Well I was going to buy the Sennhiesser (sp?) 250s a while back...portable enough not to look stupid, but closed cup and noise cancelling unit included.

You can get the step down from these. The PX200, there only 60 squid. With quality sound repoduction and great noise cancelling. I bought them just for listening purposes, but now i use them for mixing and my mixing has actually improved using em. They have exactly the same shell as the sp 250's The only difference i was told in the shop was the 250's have superior noise cancelling technology. (nothing a little nudge with your finger, pushing the cup towards your head can't fix.) Great alround headphone. I can't praise em enough and they won't break the bank either.

p.s. mixers for 150 euros are gonna suck, save up for decent one, you'll thank yourself when you do.

Yeah they're supposed to be a good choice for a smaller budget. My only issue with them was the issues people raised on head-fi.org; nothing huge but enough gripes that I thought I'd step-up a level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 JayDoubleU

Sennheiser HD - 25 , reckon they'll be about in ur budget in yo'yos

p.s. mixers for 150 euros are gonna suck, save up for decent one, you'll thank yourself when you do.
    the gemini ps 04 costs more like €270 :)
    won't leave much cash for buying cans as well. but i'll definitely have a look at a set of px200s when i next have the cash to spare, they sound ideal tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Bri wrote:
    Replacing my foams with silicone upgrades from the states this week.
    If you would be so good as to give me a link to the store you're getting them from; I'd be interested in getting the soft flex plugs too.

• Advertisement

Sorry mate, got your hopes up. Getting them from shure.com because a friend is coming back from the States with them for me.

AFAIK they don't deliver outside of the U.S. territories...although you could try that U.S. address thread in the Bargain Alerts forum.

Anyway, they are here: Soft Flex Sleeves at the bottom...
    http://www.shurestore.com/quietspot/quietspot_accessories.html

Getting them because I only like the foam ones for longevity, but I think they're showing the wear...also as a backup.

Advertisement