Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helicopter Crash in Galway

Options
  • 09-07-2005 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭

Anybody see that helicopter crash on the news? The Front Door on shop street is close das well....heard a rumor that maybe the owner was in the crash....pretty sad

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I just heard about it in the car home today....did he crash on take off, or mid flight? Must get the latest on gbay later or something....

What kind of helicopter was it, and how many onboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Heard on TV3 news that one person was killed and two seriously injured. They were coming back from the Tall Ships in Waterford, they said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

I'm sorry if this turns out to be just a rumour but I heard one of the owners of the Roisin Dubh died. It's up the road from where my Dad grew up. It's sad:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Paddy99

No think it was the part owner of Front Door and Sheridans Knocknacarra. He previously might have had a stake in Roisins

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

He previously might have had a stake in Roisins
    He did. Mark Reilly's his name. His business partner John Mannion was meant to go on the trip aswell but ended up not going for some reason. All 3 passengers are good friends of my dad. They were coming down through heavy fog and the back of the helicopter caught a tree which sent them crashing into the woods. Something came up through the back of the helicopter and killed Mark first. One of the other men died later in hospital, and the 3rd man is alive but seriously injured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭*Roisin*

I missed this happening because I was at Oxegen. We had a charity event a few weeks ago, where we had 40 helicopters and pilots volunteer their time to fly ill children to ours where we took them all out in cruisers. The pilot of the helicopter that crashed was one of the amazing people who gave their time and helicopters for the day. Was so upsetting to hear what happened. Spookily only happened about 5 mins away from where we had it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

grasshopa wrote:
    I'm sorry if this turns out to be just a rumour but I heard one of the owners of the Roisin Dubh died. It's up the road from where my Dad grew up. It's sad:(

yes it is a 15 minute drive from hwere I live. it's a real tragedy.

Advertisement