Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Bb in Waterford

• 09-07-2005 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭

they 1st said it would be available in june/july now this
    Your phone number 51870026 is in the exchange WATERFORD. Your phone number 51870026 is in the exchange WATERFORD.
    This exchange is on our current Network Build Programme for this year.
    If you would like to avail of this amazing offer, please sign-up below and we will contact you as soon as your exchange becomes available.

what the hell does that mean, how long will I have to wait?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Im on an exchange just outside waterford city "butlerstown" and it yet has to be activated. Been waiting for 2 years now :(. I would think your in the same boat as me you just have to wait for eircom to come along and turn it on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

I am on the dunmore road.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

From what I understand Tycor and Central Waterford exchanges have been enabled.....or will be very soon.
    These two exchanges are also enabled for Esat Business DSL/SDSL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Marcopolo85

Sandals wrote:
    I am on the dunmore road.

Have a look at this:http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=274489 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

We gave up waiting for Smart and went with NTL. Talk about a difference. After waiting months for Smart we got NTL within a week - amazing download speeds, no disconnections, works like a dream with the router, a generous and soft cap without penalties - plus no need to use the damned phoneline, and the cable connection has a future potential of 10mb+
    According to what I've heard Smart may be getting Waterford active in August, but who knows?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

You shouldnt have posted your phone number for all to see on the site :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

An eight digit landline phone number in Waterford???

Shouldnt it be 051-870026.
    I'll give you a call later!!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You shouldnt have posted your phone number for all to see on the site :o

Just noticed that, rofl very bad idea indeed,
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Nuphor

Hurry up and enable the Passage East exchange eircom! I don't suppose anyone knows if it'll be done anytime soon? It's on their list of rollout areas for 2005/2006. 13 triggers out the 238 needed, but who cares about triggers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Nuphor wrote:
    Hurry up and enable the Passage East exchange eircom! I don't suppose anyone knows if it'll be done anytime soon? It's on their list of rollout areas for 2005/2006. 13 triggers out the 238 needed, but who cares about triggers

Wireless is out in Passage East at the moment. I know a few people who have it and afaik its a 10mb connection to the net.
    zuma wrote:
    An eight digit landline phone number in Waterford???

Shouldnt it be 051-870026.
    I'll give you a call later!!!

Yes it should but afaik the Smart line checker cuts out your the first digit of your area code

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Nuphor wrote:
    Hurry up and enable the Passage East exchange eircom! I don't suppose anyone knows if it'll be done anytime soon? It's on their list of rollout areas for 2005/2006. 13 triggers out the 238 needed, but who cares about triggers.

About 10 triggers in my area. Its just not fair!

BadCharlie wrote:
    About 10 triggers in my area. Its just not fair!

Go around to homes & Business and get the info needed and enter it into the trigger program :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Marcopolo85

Wireless is out in Passage East at the moment. I know a few people who have it and afaik its a 10mb connection to the net.

Yes it should but afaik the Smart line checker cuts out your the first digit of your area code

10 Megs? Have you actually seen it? Any idea of cost?:confused:

Advertisement