Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fancy a pint? - Dakota/20th August

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

on the flip side, when making a decision on venue, it's important to know how likeyl thsoe that have vote are to turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Total nonissue. People can post on this thread if they can go or not or what venue they want.

True enough I suppose. When it's a small enough event, it easy to tell whose voted. so it looks like the

friday 5th
    saturday 6st

out of interest which do people prefere a friday or a satuday. Personally a saturday for me, since I'll most likely be working on saturday so friday night would have to be an early one.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

damien.m wrote:
    Why do Dublin folk keep telling me I had promised to bring them to the most expensive restaurants in Cork when they are visiting? I'll get the food, you can pay for the Sancerre. *grins back, but in a snarlier fashion*

Well, you keep promising these things, I think it's just so you can get us down there to liven the place up.

Actually, I'd probably be happier at the Strasbourg Goose, mmm, I'm feeling fat already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 hazimel

There appears to be no voting poll for the date. Can we have one? It's easier than going back and collating who voted for what dates and when. I'm personally in favour of any date before August 3rd, because I'll be in Canadia for two weeks after that :P

• Advertisement

To many options, so I'll just keep an accout.

5 votes for friday 5th
    saturday 6st
    (Me, Ixoy, damien, mordy, and johnny)

2 vote for any date before friday 5th
    saturday 6st

(hazimel, stark)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Any date before Friday 5th for me as well.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Can't add dates as we're limited to 10 options on a poll and they're taken with venue choices...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

I'd like to make an appearance to one of thse things. Though Fridays probably a no-no with work etc.
    Eitherways would have to persuade some one to come up with me.
    I'll see how things pan out here re dates/location :)

would it help anybody out if we added the second weekend in august to the list?

• Advertisement

Since it's a split vote, (and has been for afew days) I'll look into both the front lounge and dakota.

I've booked the Dakota Bar for Saturday august 20th 7:30 onwards. He said the reservered places will be most likely the last few tables down the back. What ever that means. I've booked it for a figure of 15 people, though I'm sure there will be no problem if more come, and it's in my name, Joe O'carroll. I mentioned that we would be largely a gay group, and if that was a problem and he assured me that while the bar is straight it's gay friendly. Mordy If you where serious about wagamama's first, I'd probably be up for it, talk to you closer to the date, so I know if I'm working that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

and where might one find this bar??

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

azezil wrote:
    and where might one find this bar??
    The street with 'Lemon' on it which is near where 'Break for the Border' is. I should prolly just post you directions from Glitz as a point of reference :p

It's on South William Street,
    MapQB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

ixoy wrote:
    The street with 'Lemon' on it which is near where 'Break for the Border' is. I should prolly just post you directions from Glitz as a point of reference :p
    Oh the street with all the sex shops!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Thread split: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=279937

Sorry, I accidentally locked the new thread, I've asked the super mods to unlock it.

Edit: thread now unlocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭fortysixand2

Well with any luck I'll actually show up for this one. I know some people on here to see, though from what I've seen and heard there are one or two to be careful of *eyes azezil and moridin suspiciously* I'm thinking of bringing one of the girls with me for defence.

Ack, damn, no one on here knows who the girls are, so it's no threat :p

Frack. I just realised I'm gonna have to choose between two meets on the 20th, and given that I organised the angryPotato one I don't think I can make the boards one, or at least not all of it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Yay cocktails :p

• Advertisement

Roight, so I'll be along fer a BIT :p Probably an hour or so, then must dash to the other meet. As obsessive top poster on angryPotato, one cannot miss one's moment in the sun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

I'll see what I can do to make this one, although I suspect my hair may need washing that day.

swiss wrote:
    I'll see what I can do to make this one, although I suspect my hair may need washing that day.

Thats just not on, Not on at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

hmm.... like fortysixand2 I've done the same thing!!! - inadvertently organised a gaire meeting on the same night

http://www.gaire.com/e/f/default.asp?nav=1&parent=381255&page=view

Ideally I would try and make all three (I'm such an LGB forum whore) but probably won't be able to !!!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

@Johnnymcg: You on aP too so? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

I won't be able to make it boys, as I will be at a lesbo knees up.
    How *very* dare you!!

Hehe newgrange, I only got it cause I was thinking it. ;) and I went to allot of trouble to arrange at least one other female (though she's straight)

Just attach her to Markymark over here and she'll get on grand til I leggit :) Goodness knows I won't be finding anyone to stalk or willing to stalk me, knowing my luck, so might as well find someone to have on me arm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I'm gonna do what i can to make this one - mainly cus i havent see Louiville or fortysixandtwo in a long time - wahey!

• Advertisement

Wahey! Alright crash! :D Well if ya wanna see ickle ole me, you'd wanna be there pre-8.30 :) I'm scooting to my other meet after a mere hour wowing the boards denizens :p

Advertisement