Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full Monty for talent show

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 synge

crash_000 wrote:
    myself and mary went out to supervise - they did it out in front of the library. Alicia and american mary and a kelsey begged me to do it cus otherwise they werent allowed. quite funny. i got pizza out of it :)

yay! american mary would be moi! the passionfruit is a nevermore tradition at CTY in the states and we know that it used to exist at CTYI so we wanted to bring it back. sadly there were too many people and not enough time to "de-virginize" eveyone who hadn't been to one before, but it was fun nonetheless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭HeyYou

It mustn't be a very widespread CTY USA tradition; im there now as an RA (Session 2, start of week 2) and there's been no mention of any kind of nostalgic fruit juice! Come to think of it, I don't think I've even heard the word "nevermore" used once... Where was this tradition practiced? I'm in Bethlehem, PA (Welcome to Hicksville, population: me + some Americans). Hope CTY 2005 is going well, I have fond memories from last year still.

Irwin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 synge

always at older CTY and it was done (from what I know of) at LMU (LA), Hawaii, and Carlizzle. the most wonderful cty trad. ever..... and a lot of the time RAs either don't know about it or don't do anything about it (it being for the most part in the middle of the night)

Ah, one of THOSE traditions. Sounds like fun, I'll keep my eyes peeled for juice-related shenanigans from now on. Anything else I should know about these crazy kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Chowburger

Lots of quiet weeping and singing.
    Ahem, almost very loud weeping on my part. 'Twas really nice though, they should keep it up next year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 FwigginAwesome!

HeyYou wrote:
    It mustn't be a very widespread CTY USA tradition; im there now as an RA (Session 2, start of week 2) and there's been no mention of any kind of nostalgic fruit juice! Come to think of it, I don't think I've even heard the word "nevermore" used once... Where was this tradition practiced? I'm in Bethlehem, PA (Welcome to Hicksville, population: me + some Americans). Hope CTY 2005 is going well, I have fond memories from last year still.

Irwin

hey...are you at the moravian campus by any chance? i went to american little-kid-cty there one year. it was the only american cty thing i ever did.

That's exactly wher I am, sitting in the RA/ TA workroom as we speak? I've got the older kids though, just over a week to go. When were you here? And who are you?! :D

i'm casey, i did psychology during session 2 of last year...i'm pretty tall and i played basketball in the RA games last year. i lurk the board a bit, but i noticed your post and the nostalgia overcame me. hope you're enjoying it there, the town does kind of suck, but the campus is nice as i remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

You dated Ellen.

nope, you might be thinking of the other american casey, who was not so tall and kind of annoying.

• Advertisement

Yeah, that Casey was one of my guys. Not really annoying, just energetic and a little misunderstood on account of his craziness. What was it people used to call him? He had a nickname that I can't remember...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Basey Casey....?

Advertisement