Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Birmingham Evacuated

• 09-07-2005 11:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭

As title.... there's a terror threat. "Two packages found"

link at www.bbc.co.uk/news Also on news 24. The broad street area is closed and 20,000 people evacuated.

It's the end of the world!

John

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I suppose this kind of carry-on will be happening for a while.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I find it strange that I could not find the news oj the front page and had to goto the UK section....oh welll
    to save people looking --> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4668313.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

odd that they've evacuated such a huge part of the city and want everyone to go home.
    Did they ever do that during the time the IRA had its mainland campaign on?
    The "credible" information mustn't have specified a region.... or perhaps just gave lots of different areas of suspect devices.

Obviously everyones a bit edgy at the moment.
    Shame terrorism is gaining the upper hand at creating terror.... even if this is a prank / hoax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

People will be a bit edgy there for a while. The slightest thing will look a lot more suspicious than normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

It's in tomorrows paper that an attack on Birmingham or Manchester was planned.... (According to the previews on News 24)Obviously this story has substanance. The Story is on the front page of the BBC site for me.

John

• Advertisement
Advertisement