Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pes 5 trailer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭shaneward2004

its actually for WE9 not pes5!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

its actually for WE9 not pes5!!

Same game.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭shaneward2004

KdjaC wrote:
    Same game.

kdjac

not really m8!! there are plenty of differences between pes4 and we8

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I'd have to agree with Shane. They may be the same Family, but WE is definately the rich uncle. :D

Most of the WE's of the past have been better than their Pro Evo counterparts, probably the reason I find myself only playing the new PES as a novelty and mainly sticking with the older WE, before the updated WE comes out.

WE comes out in japan rebadged and boxed over here as PES , then the slightly updated WE International comes out for Us peeps.

We8 and Pes4 had zero differences and we8i had slightly better netcode.

kdjac

• Advertisement

KdjaC wrote:
    WE comes out in japan rebadged and boxed over here as PES , then the slightly updated WE International comes out for Us peeps.

We8 and Pes4 had zero differences and we8i had slightly better netcode.

WE does not come out only rebadged and boxed as PES in Europe, if you think that, then I'd doubt you've played many WE's.
    Most people can tell the differences nearly straight away, but the main ones are the apparent speed in gameplay and then other slight differences that become apparent with more extended playing.

I'm not gonna say they aren't extremely similar, (because they are) they come from the same engine, but saying they're the exact same just isn't right. :)

peswe8.JPG

Im gonna stick with exact and only netcode and rebadging being the differences between those 2.
    We 7 and I and Pes 3 had major differences in speed and controller accuracy but not the recent incarnations, they are identical only for better netcode (slightly at that) and the Ati cats run We8I better for some reason.

kdjac

Ah, crossed wires. You seem to be talking about PC releases.

WE9 wont be released on the PC in Japan, its a PS2 exclusive in Japan, as all the WE's are. I dont play the PC versions often, so I cant comment on them, but I dont doubt that the PES and WE8I are identical, because they're for the western market, so why would KCET bother changing them at all?
    Play the console versions of the releases (you can forget about the US version) and you'll see the differences. Also the updated WE I was talking about would be the "Final Evfolution" branding or this year "Liveware Evolution", not the PES "update" that is WE8:International.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

got my pro evo 5 pre-ordered today from amazon, cant wait to get it

Once they dont change anything it should be quality.

I've not played WE9 much so far, but its the best of the series this generation!

Slower pace (hope they dont change that for the PES release as they always seem to)
    More emphasis on build up play.
    Dribbling is a good deal harder, but if you beat a defender he's usually out of the game.
    Bodily contact plays a much larger role in the flow of the game.
    New shooting techniques add a whole load of depth to attacking.

Thats my analysis so far after only about 5-6 matches. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

the gamespeed is slower in we9? i was playing my friend the other day in pes4 and we realised how slow the game was(maybe it was the small tv,i dunno) so we changed to double speed which seemed nearer to what the speed should be than what it is except its faster obviously

Double speed is a ridiculous option, I dont know why they ever took the Speed scale bar out in the first place, and to then replace it with that option is just.......well, its just like Konami. :(

The speed is a bit slower yeah, and the game is a lot better for it. Its more like real football now rather than the R1 circus PES4 could be. You can still get about with pace, its just that the game has a feeling of a patience will be rewarded style, which is a lot more gratifying than Triangle passing to your free wideman and double tapping left/ right and holding R1 until alongside the box. :)

Advertisement