Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

casting a spell

Options
  • 10-07-2005 8:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

hi
    anyone out there know of a good spell to influnce someome,one that actually works and is not complacated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

gate82 wrote:
    hi
    anyone out there know of a good spell to influnce someome,one that actually works and is not complacated.

Why personality and charm not working out for you?

Anyway my spell;

You will need.

A candle.

fresh pure sea salt.

A virgin organic lemon.

A bottle of Cureveo gold tequilla .

Ah..... this doesn't need a punchline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

gate82 wrote:
    hi
    Yes.

Don't see why I should tell random strangers how to influence people though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭phelo05

show them a bit of muff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

COL. And I'm just after banning phelo05 from boards for something else. Talk about yer synchronicity.

Back to the OP. I wouldn't say you should never do a spell that influences someone, but it's got some serious ethical considerations no matter how good your intentions, and to make the ethical judgement well you'd need to have a bit of a sense of how your spells tend to work in practice, so that you can judge better how it could play out. As such, not something to start off with.

Besides which, even if it was something I was happy about, spellwork takes quite a bit of explaining, because some methods are pretty complicated and therefore take detailed explanations and some methods are extremely simple and as such hard to express in a more informative manner than "just do it".

There is a gap in most threads on boards about spells, psychic phenomena and so on between the people with no experience and the people with some that is hard to bridge. A bit of a bump on the learning curve so to speak. To get over that bump (if you weren't lucky/unlucky enough to just get past it without noticing, or at an early age, "naturally") isn't something one can help much with in a forum like boards, and it probably sounds like we're being pricks but we're not. If you're interested in learning spellwork then ideally find someone to teach you - but only if they're someone you trust. Otherwise if you neither get started on intution and memory, nor find someone to teach you then read widely on the subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

a spell that actually works? surely not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Karma: what goes around, comes around. Short-term, it may work, but long-term it'll be worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

am i confussed or did a post just disappear. i don't know if i beleive in karma. beleiving it, however, in some ways, those remove the significance of being nice for the sake of being nice, as opposed to being nice, cos if you're not, the same bad deed will come around and bite you on the ass.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The scientific approach would be like this..

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/06/02/trust_hormone/
    Scientists from Switzerland and the US reckon they have discovered a way of making people trust you - just give 'em a dose of hormone Oxytocin and away you go...

Oxytocin is, according to Reuters, a hormone released during sexual orgasm. It's nickname of "cuddle" hormone gives you an idea of what its effect is, viz; "We find that intranasal administration of Oxytocin causes a substantial increase in trusting behavior,
    So you just need to find some herbal remedy rich in Oxytocin or something with a similar effect. Or try the old "does this handkerchief smell like chloroform to you" trick.

[edit]trust/influence is supposed to be earned. Most people usually go usually base their dealings on past experiances since they are usually the best predictors of the future.

Gate82 - did you want to influence someone to benefit you, in which case I'm from what I've heard that many charms can only be done for the benefit of others not the person doing them, or are you trying to influence them against you, in which case I doubt anyone would need a spell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

nyone out there know of a good spell to influnce someome,
    does trying to consciously influence someone else for your own benefit sound like a voilation of their own free will to you?
    I don't understand that mentality, as someone who was interested in healing for sometime I learned to not interfere with anothers life, even when it's for the best of intentions, unless they have asked for your help or assistance.
    I'm moving to paganism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

gate82 wrote:
    hi

:rolleyes:
    Buffy the vampire slayer may be a good show, but it has a LOT to answer for imho! ;)

To the OP,
    "spells" are not somthing as meaningless as to be shared to unknown personalities.
    Read, learn, understand, then learn some more.

b

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

solas wrote:
    does trying to consciously influence someone else for your own benefit sound like a voilation of their own free will to you?

Sounds that way to me.

Advertisement