Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what way do u eat weetabix?

• 10-07-2005 11:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭

iv always added hot milk to two of them and mashed them up...but on the scarecrow weetabix ad. he is eating them non-mashed and in what looks like cold milk... :p

how do you eat them? have i been eating them wrong? :confused::D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Two in a bowl, with cold milk and a dash of sugar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭dookie

cold milk! crazy.
    yeah a good helping of sugar is a must!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

3 covered in hot milk loadsa sugar and maybe some corn flakes or rice krispies or whatevers there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

dookie wrote:
    iv always added hot milk to two of them and mashed them up...but on the scarecrow weetabix ad. he is eating them non-mashed and in what looks like cold milk... :p

how do you eat them? have i been eating them wrong? :confused::D

There is no wrong way. Me, I have them with cold milk and honey, usually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭dookie

jcoote wrote:
    3 covered in hot milk loadsa sugar and maybe some corn flakes or rice krispies or whatevers there

oh yeah, my sis does that... weetabix, cornflakes, rice crispies, frosties and sugar in hot or cold milk! smells lovly :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

tastes even better lovely on a freezin winters mornin get the oul...although i'd rathr just stay in bed and not go to work but hey beggars can't be choosers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Stephanos

I think the product in the advert isn't even edible. But 2 in a bowl with cold milk left for a minute or two for soakage is perfect! That should get your scare back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Two in a bowl, splash of almost-cold milk, sprinkle of sugar, crack both in half and eat... actually im in the mood for some now

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Two in a bowl, with cold milk and a dash of sugar
    Same here. I prefer them whole instead of mashed up and the milk must be cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

2 with lots of sugar and hot milk, but it has to be eaten straight away before the milk is all absorbed and ur left with a bowl full of goop!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

hmm been a while since i've had weetabix, the most variably eaten breakfast cereal out there

i used to heat some milk in the mircowave, then pour it over some weetabix, 2 of them. then mash them up, then sprinkle over some sugar.

a few weeks ago, i was talking to a guy in a pub about eating weetabix, and his way, imo, is highly origanal and unusual. i can't remember exactly but the jist of it is:

he half boils the kettle. pours the hot water into a bowl, sticks in the weetabix and lets it mash it's self up (he said it melts). then he pours in milk. then he adds cornflakes and sugars. i think he's crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Plastic Scouser

On cold days = With plenty of hot milk and some sugar on top.

On warm days = With butter and jam spread on them...lovely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

On cold days = With plenty of hot milk and some sugar on top.

On warm days = With butter and jam spread on them...lovely!
    3 in a bowl, one sachet of sugar (I have brekkie in work, we have sachets of sugar rather than sugar cubes or bags/bowls of sugar) a handful of raisins and cold milk. Mash em up so they're just soggy w/ no hard bits, but not swimming in milk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

Wimps! I eat 'em neat :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Get raisins and soak them in milk in a bowl overnight. Get it as cold as possible but do not freeze. Then mash a few into the bowl. The rasins puff up with milk.
    I also mash them and put in jordans pecan mix museli.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭shuushh

two with ice cold milk and a good bit of sugar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

byte wrote:
    Same here. I prefer them whole instead of mashed up and the milk must be cold.

I third this vote....I like to eat 6 at a time though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Yes, and not just cold milk. It has to be ICE cold full fat milk. Nyom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

SofaKing wrote:
    Yes, and not just cold milk. It has to be ICE cold full fat milk. Nyom!

with lots of sugar!! tastyyy....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Dagnir Glaurung

Two. One soaked and mushy and one hard. Very cold milk.

• Advertisement
Advertisement