Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wallhacking

Options
  • 10-07-2005 11:50am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just For Info :

There's a wallhack out and available for BF:2 that allows you to see through walls and such that isn't detected by PunkBuster.

Photo

But PunkBuster know that it exists (they told me) and are farming IP/MAC addresses of those using it. So don't get tempted to try it out ok?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Wall hacks are the best i never play cs:s without them. Might give BF2 a go with them now!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

cheaters ..take the gun out of gaming

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Everytime you use a hack a kittens head is squshed till it's eyes pop out !

or so I've heard .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Seen that one luckily Pb read Certain foruMs too.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

TBH, this is exactly the sort of crap that ruins games. CS/CSS is plagued with little 12 year old kids with their wall-hacks. kills are often questioned, and nobody is ever really sure If a person is using hacks or not. This is the reason that I never play CS anymore. I had hoped that bf2 wouldn't go the same way.
    Ponster: what exactly was your point in posting this?

• Advertisement

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    Ponster: what exactly was your point in posting this?

Knowledge is power!!!!!!!!!!!

Would you rather not know?

kdjac

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

My reason is in the thread. Just because you can install it and use it without being kicked doesn't mean that PB aren't recording your IP/MAC address.

You'll note that I didn't tell people how/where to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

What kinda bastards make these hacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Kare Bear wrote:

French Canadian

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Kare Bear wrote:

l33t hax0rs

• Advertisement

French Canadian
    Look at the bastards.pics-715-3.jpg

Ponster wrote:
    My reason is in the thread. Just because you can install it and use it without being kicked doesn't mean that PB aren't recording your IP/MAC address.

You'll note that I didn't tell people how/where to get it.

I don't think there accounts will be closed due to hacking, but if they do it would be a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

If they can "farm ips" of cheaters they must be able to detect the cheat, why not just ban the account then. I think they are just trying to scare people out of using it tbefore they get a patch out.

This is PB we're talking about, not EA Games.

What PB detects you using a hack and you have your MAC address banned (it doesn't happen very often these days though) you get banned from every online game that uses PunkBuster, not just BF2

you get banned from every online game that uses PunkBuster, not just BF2
    Thats a pretty good system.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

ponster: point taken. You didnt link to the file(s).
    I reckon that EA should 'team up' so to speak with PB, and punish cheaters accordingly.
    For example, cheaters should have their account 'wiped' and have to start progressing through the game from the start again, every time they are caught cheating. This would lose them medals, etc. This IMO would be enough to deter cheating and hacks on the ranked servers.

Any talk of MAC address / IP address isn'treally worth it,tbh. As, 95% of people with broadband at home use dynamic IP's, which change every time your internet connection is reset.
    MAC addresses are also easily changed with freeware tools.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

or maybe ea could make a virtual brickie that could be activated by the commander to run to the spot and throw up a few blocks....just select 'nixer' from the menu:)

I know MAC addresses can be changed but I'd say that the average user, who stumbles accross a hack will try it "just to see" and not realise that they can be hardware banned, thinking that a dynamic IP will protect them.

Here's a quick list of the users that have been found cheating and have had their stats wiped...

http://bf2.neocrome.net/index.php?m=deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

What kinda satafication can some one get from cheating anyway. Unless they standed to wil a prize there is little point to it all.

What kinda satafication can some one get from cheating anyway. Unless they standed to wil a prize there is little point to it all.

I think its just the fun they get out of been able to kill everone or been able to c where you are hiding and sneak up on you and kill you. Also works as no one will be able to sneak up on you without you knowing about it.

And yeah someone stated above that its mostly young kids that cheat. Does the game not have a 15 raiting or something ?? these kids should not be getting there hands on the game in the first place if it has a 15 raiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

BadCharlie wrote:
    Does the game not have a 15 raiting or something ?? these kids should not be getting there hands on the game in the first place if it has a 15 raiting.

Ya but that would mean their parents would have to do some parenting and we can’t be having that in fairness

Cheats well can we say about them

If you cant beat them join them :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

I posted this like a week ago :p , why didnt i get this much interest?? :) Iv got 2 more showing these wallhacks if any wanna chuck them out.

I posted this like a week ago :p , why didnt i get this much interest?? :) Iv got 2 more showing these wallhacks if any wanna chuck them out.

What you posted only works in the demo this only works in 1.01 ;p

kdjac

And now it's history.....detected by Punkbuster as of yesterday so frag safe men !

Advertisement