Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Access form for adding Data

Options
  • 10-07-2005 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

Have created a form in MS Access 2000. Did not use the wizard because instead of just text boxes for adding text I wanted to use drop down boxes etc. Created form has all relevant fields I need however I cannot set the button to add the record into my table (same project).

Is there a shortcut way of connecting form with table without writing on_click VBA code for the command button directly and if not what is the VBA code?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Open the form in form view
    There should be a small black arrow on the top left of the form - click it to select your form.
    Right click on it and choose properties.
    Under either the data or all tabs go to the record source property.
    Choose the appropriate table for the data.

Now select the first field and then in the property box choose the appropriate field from the control source option.
    Repeat for each field in the form.
    test it!

Advertisement