Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband without phone line

Options
  • 10-07-2005 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hi guys,
    Just wondering a part from NTL and Irisbroadband which other company offer BB without a phone line -.

Cheers,
    Jakeyb

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Digiweb (much same as IBB wireless)
    Other then that I got to say I can't think of any more,

Oh and if your in Dungarven, Waterford you can get 9MB Casey Cable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

You could add Chorus to the list (but they're becoming one with ntl).
    BT Ireland also do a business package where your line is data only and you don't pay line rental - search the archives of this forum - the info was posted by Cabaal.

You can check out the Government broadband Website - there are some links to check broadband availability in your area. Note that it may not be up to date.

Are you interested in a particular location, or just asking in general?

causal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

im not sure about this but dont eircom do rapid [sumthing] or surf [sumthing]? i cant think of the name atm
    oh yeah and welccome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 jakeyb

I am using NTL myself with Blueface but some of my pals in D22 and Lexlip and Navan want to go blueface to get ride of eircom rip off but can't seem to find BB without a phone line

Jakeyb

afaik D22 is covered by IBB - they defo have a mast on the SIAC site on Monastery Road.
    - stupidly the coverage maps are now only available by going through their online ordering system, but phone them on 1890 564 456 and ask.
    ntl claimed they are going to D22 soon - but I wouldn't hold my breath.

hth,
    causal

• Advertisement

jakeyb wrote:
    I am using NTL myself with Blueface but some of my pals in D22 and Lexlip and Navan want to go blueface to get ride of eircom rip off but can't seem to find BB without a phone line
    There's also a company called Ildana Teoranta based in Meath with patchy converage.
    They may be satellite only - if so, that may be a problem for using VoIP :(

There's an article about Ildana here - apparently they're planning on triple play - voice, broadband, tv.

hth,
    causal

Advertisement