Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oxegen - how was it for you?

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Kingsize wrote:
    or should that be tara ldarion ?? ;)
    yes i am infact a woman and my friend :)
    Kingsize wrote:
    when was she playing? i wouldve gone & given her a severe telling off about the wonky lampshade in one of her promo pics.
    lol looked at the lampshade,surely it's an accident ;) gotta love those spur of the moment 'polaroids' :rolleyes:
    she was playing on saturday or so i'm told.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

magpie wrote:
    'here's €3000 worth of professional photography to try and sell my 6th form poetry on my looks'.
    i tend to go for the amazing voice rather than the mazing looks but whatever sells i guess :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

"yes i am infact a woman and my friend "

I wasnt sure if you were just being coy or not ;)
    i wouldve checked her out at oxegen if i'dve known...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

i wouldve checked her out at oxegen if i'dve known...

Apparently she had trouble pouting and singing at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭Evzer

I thought audioslave doing killing in the name of was fuppin' amazing, definitely my highlight.

magpie wrote:
    Apparently she had trouble pouting and singing at the same time.
    haha,she'll enjoy hearing me say that..me likes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

I didnt get to go to oxygen and it in my eyes was the best lineup ever to hit ireland.

With regards to QOTSA's defence, mark lanegan is in a very bad state atm, the chaps ment to be hangin on his last thread healthwise - which is a major bad buzz for queens. I suppose if you dont listen to queens your not gonna like it like someone who does - apparently, the people who ive talked to about the gig who like queens said it was absolutly unreal, and that they dedicated Burn the witch(my fav song) to mark.

'Jessy the Devil' (the chap who kept saying stuff for the girls) from eagles of deathmetal was spotted stumblin around the festival about 10 times by some mates of mine. Eagles of deathmetal started off with josh homme (qotsa) as the drummer, which is prolly where 1/2 the crowed came from. IMO Eagles of deathmetal are amazing, i love em and i cant wait for 'death by sexy'.

Death from above 1979 another GREAT band, which apparently the gig was empty - silly silly people, THATS a gig you wanna see!

I saw Tom Vek there 2/3 months ago in wheelans, defo would have gone to see him at oxygen alongside watching Brendan Benson.

Greenday did their usual set from what i was told - so nothing special missed coz imo their 'new' set with their new songs is nothing special to miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Audioslave and Foo Fighters were fcuking amazing, everything I expected and more.

'Killing In The Name Of' was by far the highlight!

Fcuk You, I wont do what you tell me!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

red_ice wrote:
    'Jessy the Devil' (the chap who kept saying stuff for the girls) from eagles of deathmetal was spotted stumblin around the festival about 10 times by some mates of mine.

Ah I thought it was him! I saw him walking (fast!) past Jungle River on the way to the New Band\Dance\Ticket Stage talking to some guy and did a double-take but figured it wasn't him, thanks for confirming it.

ohh it was him alright - if that was me, i would have gone n bought the chap a drink!

• Advertisement

He was walking very fast though, in the opposite direction to me. There was no time to buy him a drink so it would have required surrendering mine which I wasn't going to do. ;)

for jessie the devil and all his glory i would gladly surrender my pint! Your a disgrace! :p

*hangs head in shame*

but, but... I didn't know!

haha for your pennance sing 'so easy' 10 times and follow it up by whore hoppin'!

maybe you can be forgiven!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 lemons

i say that it was not bad line-up but greenday are **** :D

Consider it done!-

They played a great set though, it was very enjoyable.

lemons wrote:
    i say that it was not bad line-up but greenday are **** :D

i totally agree!

Yea 0utshined, eagles are great - we do a few of their tracks, great fun to play in all its simplicity!

Lets just pray when queens come back... THEY WILL COME BACK! Jessie will open for em!

Advertisement