Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Government Act 1898

Options
  • 10-07-2005 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I can find an on-line version of the local government act 1898?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Try

Government Publications Sales Office
    Government Publications Sales Office
    Sun Alliance House
    Molesworth Street
    Dublin 2

Tel: (01) 647 6879

Also try http://www.parliament.uk/site_information/contact_us.cfm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

local government act 1898?

Also try google.co.uk and google.ie?

Also contact your local authority.

I think the IPA would also be a possibe - www.ipa.ie

Local Authorities need reform big time. I am very impressed with their organisation in Meath and Donegal. One Stop Shops seem the way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

or the dept. of the environment and local government

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

It's amazing that this act is still the basis of local government in Ireland. It was intended as a sop to Home Rulers by giving them some level of local power, while not granting anything more. It seriously needs a revision.

My two cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

aodh_rua wrote:
    It's amazing that this act is still the basis of local government in Ireland. It was intended as a sop to Home Rulers by giving them some level of local power, while not granting anything more. It seriously needs a revision.

My two cents.

Was there not an act in 2000?

I think Town Councils need to be abolished. They served their purpose before the exixtance of motor cars.

In Cork - we have them all over the place.

One Stop Shops that actually provide public services are the way to go.

• Advertisement
Advertisement