Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team Killing

Options
  • 10-07-2005 5:52pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭

does anyone else have the problem, where only about 50% of your team, actually have their name in blue over their heads? its really annoying the hell out of me (and the people i keep driving over).

anyone know if its a bug, or am i not supposed to see the blue names?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

You are supposed to see the blue tags alright. It's deffo not the tk'd players fault. Im not sure biut i think its alot down to your video settings, But in saying that sometimes a player looking right will have no tag on top then he may turn left and the tags appears clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I get that sometimes. They appear only if the crosshair over them for a while and then it appears. And a fair amount of time it doesn't appear on vehicles. The only way I know they're on my side is that there were red tags over the guys who were shooting at them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Could check the mini map till give a slight idea where own team are :rolleyes:
    I'd try have it zoomed in till the max when on the ground like, then see as much as can when in the air, nice for distance tanks with a air 2 ground or tow missile in passanger seats of chopper or jet.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I've been playing it about 15 hours now and I never have towait to see the red/blue tag as I can tell from the colour of the uniform.

In a lot of forums people want EA to remove the red tags and just display blue ones.

It's silly if you're in a tank and hit 'X' for the smoke when the AT guy just has to move the mouse around until he says your red tag name and fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Ponster wrote:
    I've been playing it about 15 hours now and I never have towait to see the red/blue tag as I can tell from the colour of the uniform.

In a lot of forums people want EA to remove the red tags and just display blue ones.

It's silly if you're in a tank and hit 'X' for the smoke when the AT guy just has to move the mouse around until he says your red tag name and fire.

Err, tags dont show up in smoke. I mainly snipe and I have tried the waving around until a tag shows up and it never does. It has to clear a bit first before a tag will show up.

• Advertisement

Last night as well on TiG, I shot at a heli that was at least 300m away with the US sniper rifle. I had assumed that it was an enemy as sometimes even at that range a tag will show up.

Woops. One. Single. Shot. - My best personal shot ever! I will never get a shot like that again!
    It brought down a full transport heli!. :D

Of my own team :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Jumpy wrote:
    Last night as well on TiG, I shot at a heli that was at least 300m away with the US sniper rifle. I had assumed that it was an enemy as sometimes even at that range a tag will show up.

Woops. One. Single. Shot. - My best personal shot ever! I will never get a shot like that again!
    It brought down a full transport heli!. :D

Of my own team :(

I managed something similar last week. Fired radar guided stingers at a enemy jet, which then went beyond visible range. The missiles followed it and hit a blackhawk with 4 friendly lads on board who flew in between the jet and the pursuing missiles. Naturally all four of the gits hit the punish button for something I couldn't possibly be blamed for, resulting in my only kick to date.

I've never seen the red tags wrongly appear though.

When I go prone as an AT guy I can generally see the tank's tag through the smoke after about 2/3 seconds. i'll test it some more later this evening.

Oh..and I got a defib kill too. Hee hee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

I find if you are ever in doubt, the safest thing to do is hit the commo rose and SPOT the nme in front of you. If it's not a defined enemy - it won't report it as APC or Infantry etc. It will simply say 'nme movement' or something like that. If it is a defined enemy - it will not only identify it for you, it will then map it on the mini-map for everyone else as well.

I know it's not an ideal solution - but if you have a spare few seconds, in a well hidden spot to make a determination, use the commo rose :)

c0y0te[IRL]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

It's a bug. Your own team show up with red above their name. I can't remember if it's a bug with the person seeing it, or the person who has the red above their name.

I've been the person with the red above my name before. I was getting shot to hell and screaming at everyone killing me, till someone said "But you're the enemy - your name is red".

The bug where friendlies appear with their name in red is due to being auto-balanced and the server thinking somehow that you're still on the other team !
    I don't know if it's Kiith's problem here though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

well, the problems gone now (hopefully for good) but since every 10 seconds i now get a "There is a problem with your connection", the game is totally unplayable. its nice to see my 2meg connection is working

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

Kiith wrote:
    but since every 10 seconds i now get a "There is a problem with your connection", the game is totally unplayable. its nice to see my 2meg connection is working

Is this not PB trying to update itself? I thought winters put a post , (maybe on this thread im not sure) as to update it manually so it doesnt try it during game play.

ok, ill try changing punkbuster settings......can anyone tell me how, since its not in the game menu (or at least i cant see it)

nm, found it. will try manually update it, and will let you know if it works

nope, its not punkbuster. i tried the manual install, and it was still ****, then i tried on a non punkbuster server. its bloody annoying, but i cant think of anything else to do.

other games work perfectly. CS...no lag. Farcry....no lag. WoW....no lag (i know its different for an rpg)

i'll try posting on the main BF2 forums, but im not holding my breath. and i quite liked the game too :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Pongo

As ][cEMAN** said, it's a known bug as far as I know. Hopefully the next patch will fix it. That is of course, after they've patched the first patch. Hopefully they won't have to patch the patch for the patch, cos that could mean it'll never get fixed.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

press q! press q! oh the amount of times ive heard that on bfv :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Pongo

Ah, but it's not 'Q' in BF2, It's left alt I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

& the amount of ppl that still run over them with a jeep full of people :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Prior Of Taize

Kiith wrote:
    well, the problems gone now (hopefully for good) but since every 10 seconds i now get a "There is a problem with your connection", the game is totally unplayable. its nice to see my 2meg connection is working

I have a 4 meg and it does the same 0_o :mad:

Advertisement