Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Greatest driving song?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

Lynrd Skynrd (sp?) Sweet home alabama

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Deep Purple: Highway Star
    Tom Petty - Free Fallin'

Sing along like a fool with everyone watching!

And yeah that Miami Vice soundtrack is fantastic (if you're over 25 anyway :D).

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Steppenwolf: Born to be Wild
    There is nothing "old" about Radar Love - apart from the fact that it was released in the 70's but what a song!!! What you "young uns" don't appreciate is real MUSIC, from real bands, who can play real instruments - because you're from an era when the only really good stuff is something that was an oldie remixed, or any of the really cool rock bands now were heavily influenced by the sounds of the 60's, 70's or 80's!!!

So if it's a rock classic - then it's a driving song. BTW the person who said they were "old" songs - then listed AC/DC amongst bands that weren't mentioned - oughta remember AC/DC were out in the 70's too! God, now I feel ooollllllddddd. But hey, I know my music.

BUT before you all think I'm decrepit - Franz Ferdinand, The Killers and Limp Bizkit - can be heard blasting from my car too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Steppenwolf: Born to be Wild
    Agreed, Judes. All this modern dance and drum 'n' bass and hip-hop and rap shíte you hear being pumped out of scanger bangers driving around really pisses me off. My younger brother is a good example of that. He's just gone and put a fancy stereo and massive speakers into his Corsa and for what? So he can drive around "thump-thump-thumping" out his Happy Hardcore crap. I told him before that he needs to start listening to some proper music, Thin Lizzy for example, and he turned around and said "Who?" Now that made me feel old, I can tell you! :(

Though, there are a few modern tunes that I don't mind. "I Like The Way You Move" by The Bodyrockers has a great bassline and I would rate it as a great driving track. As you said, Judes, some Franz Ferdinand stuff I wouldn't mind as well and Limp Bizkit and the like but, on the whole, I find today's music completely crap. Give me some screaming electric guitars, big, loud, pounding drums and actual lyrics you can sing along to (or shout along to, as the case may be! :D ) anyday.

Advertisement