Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you bank and what do you think of the service?

Options
  • 10-07-2005 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭

someone suggested this earlier.

Where do you bank? 16 votes

Allied Irish Bank
    0% 0 votes
    Bank of Ireland
    18% 3 votes
    Ulster Bank
    50% 8 votes
    National Irish Bank
    12% 2 votes
    Permanent TSB
    12% 2 votes
    Other
    6% 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Easily_Irritated

They're all crap- Money making ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I'm with BOI and I'm unimpressed. I'm charged for everything I do, taking money out, checking my balance and so forth.

Plus my BOI atm card doesn't work in AIB banklinks while my freinds ones do even though we have the same sort of accounts and I've been fobbed off more than once. It's a pain to get anything done with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

grimloch wrote:
    I'm with BOI and I'm unimpressed. I'm charged for everything I do, taking money out, checking my balance and so forth.

Plus my BOI atm card doesn't work in AIB banklinks while my freinds ones do even though we have the same sort of accounts and I've been fobbed off more than once. It's a pain to get anything done with them.

Your card should work in other bank's machines.
    If not then get it replaced.

Charged for checking your balance - ? never heard that one before.

grimloch wrote:

U can change your charging options. Just go in to your branch and they'll do it for you.

And your card doesn't work because its either a savings accound and you haven't requested a card that does. Or when u were initially getting your card you ticked the wrong box and got a card that soley works in BOI :D that happens a lot!

(I hate the bank!)

nlgbbbblth wrote:
    Your card should work in other bank's machines.
    If not then get it replaced.

Charged for checking your balance - ? never heard that one before.

I went in with the card and they spouted off all this "you'd need this type of account to get that working" and all that tripe. I'm going to make a fuss next time I go in.

I think I'm charged for each and every transaction I make. Sort of annoying having 30-40 euro of bank charges a year.

• Advertisement

;) How's the summer job going EI?

A man doused himself in petrol and set himself on fire in some BOI down in County Tipperary back in the early 1990's.

He was a farmer and the Bank were unsympathetic to his financial difficulties.

U can change your charging options. Just go in to your branch and they'll do it for you.

And your card doesn't work because its either a savings accound and you haven't requested a card that does. Or when u were initially getting your card you ticked the wrong box and got a card that soley works in BOI :D that happens a lot!

(I hate the bank!)

I could have been told that when I complained. I have a saving ac btw.

/sigh

At least I know what to ask for next time I'm in. Why in the name of all that is good and holy would you want a card that only works in BOI atms?

"No, I would like at little conveinance as is possible thank you"

You couldn't possibly be charged for every transaction you do. That only happens with exceptional business accounts! lol (Plus 10euro of your fees each year from your ATM card goes straight to the governent thats not a bank chanrge)

Plus, I'd say you have a savings account not a current account. Just change it, its on big hassle. Then when its changed that'll be that :D

grimloch wrote:
    I could have been told that when I complained. I have a saving ac btw.

/sigh

At least I know what to ask for next time I'm in. Why in the name of all that is good and holy would you want a card that only works in BOI atms?

"No, I would like at little conveinance as is possible thank you"

I have no idea. Banks are ****! I know what you mean by unhelpful staff.. in one of those :D lol You should just go to someone in the branch who is actually smiling and looks like they vaguely like their job :D

• Advertisement

You couldn't possibly be charged for every transaction you do. That only happens with exceptional business accounts! lol (Plus 10euro of your fees each year from your ATM card goes straight to the governent thats not a bank chanrge)

Plus, I'd say you have a savings account not a current account. Just change it, its on big hassle. Then when its changed that'll be that :D

Seems I was fobbed off because they weren't arsed to bother dealing with me. Why can't people like you work down there? :D

My bank charges are quite high indeed although my bloody yearly statement has already been so I can't really back anything up at the moment.

LOL I can't believe Im giving bank advice online. In so very VERY depressed! lol I'd just like to point out Im only temporary for the summer to save for traveling & I hate banking! lol

nlgbbbblth wrote:
    A man doused himself in petrol and set himself on fire in some BOI down in County Tipperary back in the early 1990's.

I get the urge to do that every monday morning. The inclination to set yourself on fire sould be called the BOI Affect! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

I'm with BOI, mainly because that's who my parents were with when I first opened my account 20 years ago.

I pay €11/qtr fees, visit my branch maybe twice per year to update SO's etc. Trinity branch staff are pretty good. Everything else online. I guess lower fees would be OK (€44/yr isn't really enough to bother me in all honesty), but apart from that I've no complaints with them.

However, I've recently moved my savings to RaboDirect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

With AIB cause they put £3 into your account when you opened with them back in the school days (great marketing ploy). Hav'nt had any probs with them although I know a lot of people do. As soon as I have grief I will have no problem closing my accounts and going else where.

Advertisement