Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3347NWG - Port 6881

• 11-07-2005 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hi,

I just can't get this port to open. I have program that uses upnp and it seem's to be working.

anyone have troubles like this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭bishopLEN

pinhole/port forwarding option on the new Eircom
    web config is gone, would this cause probs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I assume a 3347NWG is some sort of router? If so, I don't think you can configure port forwarding on an Eircom webpage but you need to access the router itself and configure port forwarding. In the NAT section you should forward port 6881 to your PCs IP address. That should work, if not try changing the application's port to a different one, if that's possible.

Hi,

It is a router, I deliberately gave only the Part No. The new router config doesn't allow me to specify an IP address, detects the my pc name instead and then you tie the port forward to that.

Still doesn't work though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

bishopLEN wrote:
    Hi,

It is a router, I deliberately gave only the Part No. The new router config doesn't allow me to specify an IP address, detects the my pc name instead and then you tie the port forward to that.

Still doesn't work though.

So when you visit the router config page at 192.168.1.254 or whatever your router IP is, it doesn't allow you to do anything? Can you provide a screenshot of this webpage?

19211415957-thumb.jpg

After this screen, the router allows me to select a pc name (physical not ip)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

Looks like eircom have made a custom branded interface with all the fancy features hidden. Your best bet is to find firmware for your router and flash it with that.

Although I have no idea what will happen so do it at your own risk.

EDIT: If I looked hard enough, what happens when you press next?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

press next, apply, save or whatever, or save to flash and then reboot, usually it requires a reboot in some routers to activate new settings like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Does the router support UPnP?

If so (it seems so) turn on UPnP in your BitTorrent app and it should automatically do it for you. I'd be very surprised if Eircom used a router that blocked UPnP nowadays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

omg you silly person
    its the tracker that blocks the default port 6881 change your port to something awkward. like 78781 so that it can transfer through

Good news, working now.

Not quiet sure what I did different.?

Using port 6881, router has uPnP (which was on all the time).

Any who.. tis working (GREEN HEADS ;) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 baconsoft

Hi
    Looks like I have exact same router but I cannot port forward. I am having real problems increasing the speed of my torrent downloads with Azureus. I continuously get a yellow ball beside myTorrents and get an NAT error when I test the TCP listening port. The download speed remains avg 10kbps. I am on W2K SP4, latest java 5 download, Sygate personal firewall, DSL connection (Netopia 3347WG router) and using wireless USB adapter. I have spent ages sifting through help documents on port forwarding including ones on this site and its still not working. Below I will go through exactly what I have done in the hope that someone knows what is going on. Please let me know if any steps are incorrect or irrelevant. HELP ME!!

1 Set up static IP address
    Firstly I changed the DHCP IP address range in the router menu in order that the IP address of my computer was outside this range
    Then in the Internet Protocol TCP/IP settings I checked the “Use following IP address” radio box and entered:
    IP address 192.168.1.xxx (outside DHCP range)
    Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway 192.168.1.254
    DNS Servers 192.168.1.254

2.Set up Azureus
    -Tools>>Options>>Plugins>>uPnP - unchecked the enable uPnP box
    -Tools>>Options>>Connection - changed the listening port number to 49153

3. Set up Sygate personal firewall. ( I also tested with Sygate disabled but no joy)
    Azureus is allowed access. Also under Tools<<Advanced Rules.. I added 2 new rules. One for UDP and another for TCP. The rules are similar :
    Host – All Hosts
    Ports and protocols - (one for TCP, one for UDP) 49153 (Local) both incoming and outgoing.
    Scheduling – disabled
    Applications – All applications

4.Configuring router. (Netopia 3347WG)
    This is probably the most annoying part because the menus on the Expert mode for my router are different than what is up there on the manufacturers site or on this site. When I expand the configure menu in Expert mode I get the following

Configure
    Connection
    Wireless
    Advanced
    Access Control
    DHCP Server
    IP Passthrough
    NAT
    Packet Filter
    Qos
    Router Password
    Timezone
    VLAN

There is no mention of “PinHoles” anywhere!!!

What I tried was: under NAT- clicked “Define Custom Service” , checked the box for “port forwarding: Range of ports”, put the global port range as 49153-49153 and set the base port as 49153.Set protocol as TCP and enabled it.

Then I enabled custom service, saved and restarted the router but still NAT error on the listening port (49153)and yellow ball beside download in Azureus. ARRGGGH!!

It would be really cool if someone knows what I am doing wrong and could post a reply. What did people with this poxy router do to make port forwarding work? I have tried everything to no avail!!

Many, Many, Many thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Beta2

baconsoft wrote:
    Hi
    Looks like I have exact same router but I cannot port forward. I am having real problems increasing the speed of my torrent downloads with Azureus. I continuously get a yellow ball beside myTorrents and get an NAT error when I test the TCP listening port. The download speed remains avg 10kbps. I am on W2K SP4, latest java 5 download, Sygate personal firewall, DSL connection (Netopia 3347WG router) and using wireless USB adapter. I have spent ages sifting through help documents on port forwarding including ones on this site and its still not working. Below I will go through exactly what I have done in the hope that someone knows what is going on. Please let me know if any steps are incorrect or irrelevant. HELP ME!!

1 Set up static IP address
    Firstly I changed the DHCP IP address range in the router menu in order that the IP address of my computer was outside this range
    Then in the Internet Protocol TCP/IP settings I checked the “Use following IP address” radio box and entered:
    IP address 192.168.1.xxx (outside DHCP range)
    Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway 192.168.1.254
    DNS Servers 192.168.1.254

2.Set up Azureus
    -Tools>>Options>>Plugins>>uPnP - unchecked the enable uPnP box
    -Tools>>Options>>Connection - changed the listening port number to 49153

3. Set up Sygate personal firewall. ( I also tested with Sygate disabled but no joy)
    Azureus is allowed access. Also under Tools<<Advanced Rules.. I added 2 new rules. One for UDP and another for TCP. The rules are similar :
    Host – All Hosts
    Ports and protocols - (one for TCP, one for UDP) 49153 (Local) both incoming and outgoing.
    Scheduling – disabled
    Applications – All applications

4.Configuring router. (Netopia 3347WG)
    This is probably the most annoying part because the menus on the Expert mode for my router are different than what is up there on the manufacturers site or on this site. When I expand the configure menu in Expert mode I get the following

Configure
    Connection
    Wireless
    Advanced
    Access Control
    DHCP Server
    IP Passthrough
    NAT
    Packet Filter
    Qos
    Router Password
    Timezone
    VLAN

There is no mention of “PinHoles” anywhere!!!

What I tried was: under NAT- clicked “Define Custom Service” , checked the box for “port forwarding: Range of ports”, put the global port range as 49153-49153 and set the base port as 49153.Set protocol as TCP and enabled it.

Then I enabled custom service, saved and restarted the router but still NAT error on the listening port (49153)and yellow ball beside download in Azureus. ARRGGGH!!

It would be really cool if someone knows what I am doing wrong and could post a reply. What did people with this poxy router do to make port forwarding work? I have tried everything to no avail!!

Many, Many, Many thanks

I don't know much about networking, but I had problems configuring this router, the only way I could get it to work is to go to the firewall settings on the router and set it to low from default of medium. Don't know if this will hep you but worth a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭Tony H

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=180030&page=2&highlight=3347NWG

the above tread from boards helped me set up my friends eircom wireless router ,except for the fact that he used bitcomet instead of Azureus (uses lots of ram ), we also dropped the zone alarm settings from high to medium
    http://www.portforward.com/cports.htm
    the above link shows the best ports for the different torrent progs

Advertisement