Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

irish films - boy eats girl

• 11-07-2005 1:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

can anyone tell me if there are any irish films due to be released soon asides headrush? what happened to tara road(irish movie?) and boy eats girl, i thought ther was a few of them. when will boy eats girl be released? it was at the galway film festival but ive seen nothin to indicate its release in cinemas, mabey im just not lookin in the right places. if anyone could link to a trailer it would be great

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭athena 2000

Go to IMDb.com and do a search on the film titles you're interested in.
    You'll find quite a few things!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Ramses

i think boy eats girl is out september. but you should definately not watch it. i only sat through about half an hour of it coz it was so bad.
    if you want to see a good irish horror try to get your hands on dead meet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭mar|<

IMDb is a great site, thanks... thts discouraging, but im still lookin forward to watchin it :D thanks for the date/advice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Ramses wrote:
    i think boy eats girl is out september. but you should definately not watch it. i only sat through about half an hour of it coz it was so bad.

Really? I heard it's fantastic. I read somewhere it's out the 27th of August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 rmonteux

Will rarely get something not coming from blooming hollywood and/or with a massive advertising budget on the cinema this days mate, its all about the money. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭captain P

Ramses wrote:
    if you want to see a good irish horror try to get your hands on dead meet.

definately. dead meat is quality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Kleptopink

Defo Dead Meat one of the better irish movies.

Boy Eats Girl was not shown at the Galway festival, it was pulled for some reason. Rumour has it Boy Eats Girl didn't get good feedback from the two test screenings and is having trouble getting the certificate they wanted.

Apparently Short Order and Paveen Lakeen are rockin.

Peeps found it a little disturbing when the lead from Paveen walked out on stage - she turned her back on the audience and refused to speak. Everyone cringed cos she's not an actor but an itinerent girl and probably not aware of what's coming to her when the movie comes out!

Tara Road is an Irish movie??? Are there any irish actors in it? It's as Irish as the Halpenny Bridge musical!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Dick Darlington

Apparently Boy Eats Girl ain't any good which is a pity since it'l mean the crappy film board will be less likely to take a chance on a film like it again. As bad as it may be at least it sounds like something different (for Ireland).

Here's hopin for another "Evelyn"- "NOT WITOUT ME DAUGHTER !!!"

Dead Meat is just ok, far from brilliant and the poster is one of the worst i've ever seen but still not as bad as the poster for Man About Dog where the character on the top left has his leg cut off by the title, a child could make a better poster by accident.

Dead Meat is based on a short "Braineater" which Conor McMhaon made in Dun Laoghaire and is brilliant, def worth checking out, a good zombie movie before everybody jumped on the band wagon and started making them.

Headrush also took 2yrs to release, seen it 2 yrs ago in Savoy.

Did anyone see any good shorts in Galway fest ?

Advertisement