Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Silly Question

• 11-07-2005 1:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

In America, most campus rooms have extra long beds that you have to buy extra long sheets for. Are the beds in Trinity Hall a normal length? It's trivial I know, but I gotta buy some bed clothes!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

The beds in the main campus are normal length, and afaik the ones in Trinity Hall are the same.

What's with the long beds in US universities?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Shadowlands

Apparently a lot of tall people protested and said their feet were hanging off normal beds. Very strange. And annoying because if I were staying in the US I'd have to go off and buy all new sheets and bed clothes. Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

I can understand bringing your own sheets over - i like the sheets that i have and they're 'home', if you know what i mean, but are you going to be bringing a duvet and pillows as well?

There's a Dunnes Stores in Rathmines, in the Swan Shopping Centre (about 15 minutes walk from Trinity Hall) that has a home wares department that sell pillows and duvets. Dunnes are like JP Penneys for stuff like towels, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Apparently a lot of tall people protested and said their feet were hanging off normal beds.

What about us shorties? All that extra foot space that we can never use...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

i think it's more important that the beds are wide enough to fit two ppl. it's what college is supposed to be about. if the beds too small curl up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

i think it's more important that the beds are wide enough to fit two ppl. it's what college is supposed to be about.
    If only.. Trinity has been a complete dissappointment in this regard for everyone I know, compared to other colleges at least..

i'm not going there, that deserves a whole new thread and i don't want to shatter anyone's dreams or have my own blown to smidiriní.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

Rent out the rest of the bed space to another midget........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

..Then film the ensuing escapades and make a mint in the "alternative" film industry...

Sounds like a plan - plant the hidden cameras!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭The Shol'va

DrIndy wrote:
    Sounds like a plan - plant the hidden cameras!
    Enough schemes from you! My back can only take so much pummelling! :P

Enough schemes from you! My back can only take so much pummelling! :P
    LOL!

It was fun, the scheming must continue......

buy bed cloths in guineys in town, they get a lot of american stuff in. well, stuff that also is sold in america. i think a lot of american cotton products is "made in china

Advertisement