Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please insert correct CD query

Options
  • 11-07-2005 8:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭

I have just installed Battlefield Vietnam. However it asks for the correct CD. The correct CD is in yet it still asks. I think it might have something to do with copy protection drivers for XP. Anyone else have this problem? If so, which drivers get around it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

If you bought the original version of the game you will not have problems.
    This issue, AFAIK only occurs if/when someone tries to use a cd crack/copied cd/image to boot BFV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭C Fodder

I used to get this error with Disc 1 but not with disc 2 or 3 ?? Don't know and never let it bother me that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mossess

The CDs are origional. Bought it in Game for 19.95 on Friday. On the first install when it finished (CD3 still in) it gave the error. Inserted CD1 thinking that would fix it. No Joy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭C Fodder

find a nocd patch if you've got all the originals.

Yeah yeah I know no warez but a nocd if you've bought the original game can't really be called warez. Can it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Uninstall and remove any foreign DLLS and exes , reinstall patch and it should be fine.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mossess

I applied the NoCD exe and the game works. The problem is however that you can't go onto play networked games. (I think it's to do with the verification code - it might be banned due to over use)

In the first couple of hours I tried a number of things, uninstalling, reinstalling. Uninstalled, reinstalled. Downloaded the 295MG Patch, installed it. No luck. As for removing any foreign DLLS and exes. There were none, it was a completely new install!

All in all a great game, just a crying shame EA can't get there act together on the copy protection issues. The gameplay it's self Is it’s only saving grace. My past experiences with ea are not good. Has left me with a very sour taste. But the game play is amazing!

Advertisement