Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hogan vs Austin at Wrestlemania 22?

• 11-07-2005 8:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

There is a lot of talk and a lot of planning at the moment but one of the plans is at Wrestlemania 22 Hulk Hogan will face Steve Austin. In many interviews over the past few months both guys said they love to wrestle each other, Austin said it has to be the right man, the right place and the right money and Hogan is right up there with all three. Austin did do an interview this past week and pushed the idea of facing Hogan in the near future.

Austin did have a shot at Hogan at Wrestlemania 2002, but didn't like the idea at the time and went with Rock. As the two have come friends over the past few years, Austin feels they can have this dream match, Austin said "Sometimes he runs his mouth and I don't think too much of a lot of what he's had to say, but he's a smart man and he can see this could be a great opportunity." As most PPV shows are planned well in advance, this is one match that is at the top of the bord for Wrestlemania 22!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

hats like the 2 most dominate supestars from 2 era's...if done properly it could be up there wit the great matches like bret hart and shawn michaels iron man or macho man and hulk after they split up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

jcoote wrote:
    hats like the 2 most dominate supestars from 2 era's...if done properly it could be up there wit the great matches like bret hart and shawn michaels iron man or macho man and hulk after they split up

It would be no where near the "Wrestling clinic" (As Angle called it) of HBK/Bret, but it would certainly be one of the biggest matches ever in terms of star power.

However, I think all these dream matches that are materializing the last few years with Hogan are starting to lose their magic.

I mean, him and Rock was great, because it was Hogan's return to WM after whatever it was, 9 years I think.

And him and Vince was also great because of their history and the fact it was the Owner of WWE against his biggest ever star.

But this craic with him and HBL, yes it will fun to see, two legends who've never faced each other before, but really that's all it will be, a bit of fun. Same thing with him and Austin, or him and Cena which has also been rumoured.These matches will not be classics, not in the mould of WM 12 Iron man or HBK/Angle this year, as Hogan no longer has the skills to do anything but a predictable match. Fun, but predictable.

Now don't get me wrong, I’m looking forward to Michaels and Hogan, and i would definitely love to see him and Austin, which i believe deserves the title of the two biggest stars ever facing each other, just a pity they could do it in their prime.
    But it seems to be a case of "What if Hogan faced this guy or that guy"
    Getting a bit stale...

On a side not, does anyone think the crowd would turn on Stone Cold because he's facing Hogan, like they did to the Rock?
    I think it would be fairly even this time...

i don't think anyone would care either way everyone would just wanna see austin-hogan... and your definatly right about the wrestling clinic thing...we'd be lucky to see a drop toe hold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Hogan should just stop, he's a childhood hero of mine but he's just riding a dead horse at the moment. Please just gracefully step away from the ring.

but he's still drawing crwds in as long as he's din that he won't quit and vince won't ask him to leave...money money money !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

LundiMardi wrote:
    he's just riding a dead horse at the moment

Surely that's Kane's job? (!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

corpus wrote:
    As the two have come friends over the past few years, Austin feels they can have this dream match, Austin said "Sometimes he runs his mouth and I don't think too much of a lot of what he's had to say, but he's a smart man and he can see this could be a great opportunity." As most PPV shows are planned well in advance, this is one match that is at the top of the bord for Wrestlemania 22!

When did Austin and Hogan become friends? Austin doesn't like Hogan at all. From what I've read, he wasn't going to attend Hogan's Hall of Fame ceremony but Vince asked him to. Same with The Undertaker.

I've heard of plans for this match though and I'd like to see it but how would it work? Both Austin and Hogan as faces? I don't think that would be good. I'd prefer to see one of them as a heel. Perhaps have Austin as the heel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Never mind both Hogan and Austin as faces, Hogan and Austin as cripples. neither man can wrestle a match anymore. It will be an embarassment of a match. No doubting their star power, it's the two biggest draws of all time without a doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Never mind both Hogan and Austin as faces, Hogan and Austin as cripples. neither man can wrestle a match anymore. It will be an embarassment of a match. No doubting their star power, it's the two biggest draws of all time without a doubt.

Not necessarily. If you watch Hogan v Rock at WM18, the actual match itself is average at best. Hogan's offence is really limited but the fans made it work.

In my view, Hogan v Austin would need alot of hype and something to spice it up like a run-in from somebody. I think it could work well though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

I think Hogan is too far past his best at this stage to pull off another good match. The Rock was able to bump and sell during that match because f the great shape he was in. Austin doesn't have that luxury anymore.

I actually think that WWE are holding themselves back using all the past stars. Every episode now has something from Flair or Hogan and message boards all over the net still feature a weekly post about Bret Hart for som reason.

I think this is why WWE has failed to move into the next era and also why viewing figures are lower than ever.

Hogan will keep people like us interested enough to watch but it does nothing to get new viewers. It's people like brock who have the potential to draw these newer casual viewers.

It could definitely work with the huge build up but it isn't the direction the WWE should be going imo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement