Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPS in BF2

Options
  • 11-07-2005 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭

Guys I got a 6800 Ultra BFG OC, with 2gb, P4 3.3 all seetings on BF2 turned up full

online my FPS on FRAPS varies from 35 - 60, does this seem low? depending on location on any map....

does it really matter?

(please move if in wrong place admins/mods)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

2600xp 1 gig of ram 6800gt (oc to ultra) im lucky to get 25 fps on medium ...... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Surely FRAPS will take away from your FPS? Why not use the console to find out? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Fraps may take away one or two alright, but nothing significant. Using the ingame renderer would probably be best though.

Anyway, 35-60 seems fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Can you disble the renderer/sync like in BFV? to increase the FPS.

Does anyone have the console command for this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

For a game thats gets such low frame rates on hi end cards it doesent really look all that. I was playing some farcry the other day and I thought it looked better. I supose its keeping track of all ther server side and aircraft might slow it a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I am now getting more seconds per frame than frames per second :(

might be format time again

p4 2.2 ati 9800 pro

jonski wrote:
    I am now getting more seconds per frame than frames per second :(

might be format time again

p4 2.2 ati 9800 pro

lol

there is a few post on PlanetBattlefiled of high spec rigs with 15-30 FPS after the patch and allot of server lagg !!

Guess my 45 -60 FPS is ok so !

BTW the console commands are the same as BFV more or less !! but I dont think there is a VSync turn off function to up the FPS in MP mode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

6800GT. AMD 3000+ I GB RAM i get between 40 to 60, jumps right uo to 75 in a chopper. Most settings are on medium to high with dynamic shadows to off.

So i'd say your doing grand.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

P4 2.8mhz 800fsb,1024 DDR 400mhz,ATI Radeon Club3D X800XL.

40-95 fps on high settings cept for lighting and shadows which are on medium,1280x1024 4XFSAA,i find disabling FSAA makes little difference to fps but looks stunning on, then again x800xl really excels with fsaa.
    Im using fraps for these framerates ,although renderer.drawfps 1 yields almost identical results for me.

These links may assist you m8.
    A large BF2 resource and guides links page.
    http://www.shackbattles.com/wiki/index.php/Battlefield_2

tweak guide
    http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_1.html

hardware guide
    http://hardware.gamespot.com/Story-ST--2147-x-x-x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

AA and geometry the biggest FPS killers , lower AA to 2X (thats enough for any game tbh) and see what you get.

I get 40 to 60 with a 9800Xt and Aa on 2x

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Was testing this out today. I get 30fps average on everything set to high, and 4x AA.

When I turn it all down to low/off, I get 90-100. I don't see a huge difference in the quality, that would affect the gameplay. Just not AS nice to look at (mostly sharpness and shadow).

Though I do keep the distance at 100% all the time.

Spec:-

AMD Barton 2500+
    1Gig 2700 DDR
    Radeon 9800XT 256mb
    Asus Nforce2 Deluxe

^^^ Need an upgrade badly...

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

Guys I got a 6800 Ultra BFG OC, with 2gb, P4 3.3 all seetings on BF2 turned up full

Nice rig drapper.I dont even wanna know my fps.:o

seems the FPS dropped with the new patch !

all up full but now getting 20 - 35 fps

strange !

6800 Ultra 2Gb ram

anyone having same issues? can the syn be disabled / opened like in BFv yet?

woudl a reinstal help in anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

surely disabling sv-ync wouldnt raise your fps at all considering your well below your minitors refresh rate?
    Or is there something im missing here?

Advertisement