Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of Painter

Options
  • 11-07-2005 10:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi all,
    I'm just about to go out and get a few quotes to get my hall, landing and stairwell painted. Before I do so, I want to see if anyone had a similar job done recently, and could tell me, very roughly, how much I should expect to pay.

I don't have details of the exact square footage, but I'd guess that there would not be that much difference from 3bed semi-d to 3 bed semi-d.

Here are the details:
    Redecorating hall, stairwell and landing of 3 bed, semi-detached house.
    • Stripping of existing wallpaper.
    • Preparation of surface (filling etc.)
    • Painting ceilings of hall and landing (white.)
    • Painting walls of hall, landing and stairwell (white.)
    • Gloss painting of 3 interior doors and skirting boards.

A ball park figure would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭dmck2886

€1000 at the most

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭thetourist

Got a quote recently from a painter of 200 euro per day. I think thats the average price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

You would save an awful lot if you had the wallpaper stripped before any quotes you get.

Also there is no mention of the Staircase its self,spindals/handrails if there is any?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Pooh-Bear

mad m wrote:
    You would save an awful lot if you had the wallpaper stripped before any quotes you get.
    Ahhh, but that's the big job isn't it? Having done a good deal of wallpaper stripping over the past couple of years, I can tell you that that is the one part of the job I definitly don't want to do. ;)
    Also there is no mention of the Staircase its self,spindals/handrails if there is any?
    There is no work to be done on the stairs.

Advertisement