Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 set me up as Early Bird by default?

Options
  • 11-07-2005 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭

So a few months ago a friend of mine bought me the gift of an O2 upgrade pack. Easy mistake to make, given my 086 number, the trouble was that I was with Meteor.

About 2 weeks ago I ported to Meteor and then upgraded. At the time I got €20 free credit and about €45 which I purchased shortly afterwards.

With €60-odd credit on a meteor phone I would reasonably expect to last 6-8 weeks before needing to top-up again. So I was a little surprised to learn over the weekend that when I went to make a call that my credit was less than €4 (i.e €60 gone since 28 June).

Upon investigation, it appears that somewhere along the line I was set up as an 'Early Bird' and not a 'Night Owl'. I think I have made about 180 calls over the three week period and about 5 of these were traditional 'Peak' calls (i.e. 95% of my calls are evenings and weekends). One of my calls, a 20-minute call at 8pm to a Vodafone number cost me €14.10 alone.

When I called O2 today, they really couldn' have cared less. They have no record of me ever asking to be on Early Bird and admitted they "don't know" how I came to be on it. They are trying to blame the dealer, the sim and me for the mistake. They even said that it might have been given to me "automatically, based on previous call history - not possible, as I had just left Meteor).

Do I have any redress? There is no way on Gods Earth that I would've selected Early Bird as a price plan if I was explicitly offered the choice. I don't remember being asked at all - is it possible I was set up as Early Bird as default? Is there anything I can do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

i its when you register online for free credit
    i think you can select your plan
    they dont ask you while paying
    i know the same happened to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭ross_castle

Dude I used to work in a mobile phone shop. If ur on early bird. It's cause the dealer set you up on it. Neither Vf or O2 have anything to do with it when u set ur sim up initially. SO either ur in the wrog or the dealer is

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭Genghis

Dude I used to work in a mobile phone shop. If ur on early bird. It's cause the dealer set you up on it. Neither Vf or O2 have anything to do with it when u set ur sim up initially. SO either ur in the wrog or the dealer is

Thanks Ross. What are my chances that the shop is going to do anything for me, though? I had hoped to pin this on O2 as there is at least a chance that they'd refund the difference for me.

Go down the store and kick up a stink. was it a actual o2 store or a independant delar. If its O2 they might refund it. If it's a ind dealer make O2 aware of it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭Genghis

It is an O2 shop, so maybe there is hope. I am waiting for them to call me back with an explanation.

• Advertisement

Let meknow how it goes

Advertisement