Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Speed trapping at night

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Paul (MN)

can I suggest that we all drive at 99kph in 100kph zones etc etc?

the couple of kph won't really slow you down and we will save alot of internet bandwidth, hassle, confusion, fines, etc etc

What is it with people??? The sign says 100kph and we all feel the need to strive to drive as much over it without being caught!

faolteam wrote:
    I was coming home from naas the other night about 10 pm and just before airmotive they are doing major road works and suddenly before i knew it i was diverted away from the other traffic, until we met up again at the airmotive area anyway it was 60 km area and suddenly i seen a Garda Van facing front way round on the side of the road and directly behind it was a sign saying your mileage as u came to the sign,

what i was wondering was is the Garda van been used for speed cameras? i didnt see any flash but thinking about it now it was unusual that the van was parked to the front facing me as i passed, now i know about infra red radar,
    any ideas i was doing 66km according to the sign but at the time a lorry passed me very fast do the catch the people on the other side of the two lane traffic ? :cool:
    Ha the naas road, what a joke. I feel guilty for the cars behind me if I ever do 60km/hr.

Those signs that show your speed are unrelated to garda speed traps AFAIK.
    Every time I see one of them I put the boot down to see what speed I get ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

that was just parked there

Advertisement