Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm Help

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 laskelly

Thanks for your help, I will get a new resistor tomorrow & see how I get on,

Many thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 3 laskelly

That worked a treat, thank you very much for your assistance. Incidentally, did you try putting a digi dialler on your alarm, i.e. one that will ring your mobile if activated, if so, any advice would be very welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 openzone

Hi,

Would anyone have a copy of the user / install manual for an Aritech CS350. I do not have one and I have an alarm fault, plus I also wish to make some changes.

Regards,

P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

openzone wrote:
    Hi,

Would anyone have a copy of the user / install manual for an Aritech CS350. I do not have one and I have an alarm fault, plus I also wish to make some changes.

Regards,

P
    did you get sorted with the manual?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kjmarshall

Could anyone tell me how to connect an Aritech AS502 bell box to an Artiech CS350 panel. Do i need to use any resistorsc for this job. First time to do this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 copperwr

Hey,
    I'm interested to hear anything on this topic, namely I've got an Aritech CS350 alarm with low battery warning (for a few months). It's beeping every minute or so lately which is very annoying and I would like to try to change the battery myself if possible (before it goes mental again - it did about 2 months ago and I haven't used it since). I'm wondering is it very difficult to change a battery in one of these things?

Any tips would be very gratefully received.
    Thanks,
    Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 shayom

kjmarshall wrote:
    Could anyone tell me how to connect an Aritech AS502 bell box to an Artiech CS350 panel. Do i need to use any resistorsc for this job. First time to do this

Did you get sorted connecting the as502 bell box to your panel.If not ill mail you the proper wiring diagram for the unit.It does require resistors 2 of them now its been a while since i last used one but from what i can remember you give the box a 12v supply and from the +12 of that supply your 2 res go to -bell and - strobe.There far louder than the hkc sabb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

One 4k7 resistor is all that is needed. It will be supplied with the panel

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Jnealon wrote:
    Check the external belll fuse

Read the manual again as it's all there

Folks,

I just installed a HKC panel. I kept the old alarm bell, and I *might* have wired the bell incorrectly in to the panel for the external bell. Now it says "Ext. Bell Fuse" as a fault repeatedly. I also kind of ripped out the wire from the ext bell - slot, causing the closer thing to break off, though the screw still holds the wire ok.

Anyway - have the ext. bell wired in to the int so alarm works as I wanted but the error message on the panel is bugging me - anyone know how to fix the fuse for the ext. bell?

Many thanks,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Finneganjp

You blew the ext bell fuse by touching two power wires. You should have powered down the panel and removed the red battery link before doing anywork on it. Replace the fuse with a 20 x 5mm slow blow 800mA fuse. It should be the first fuse on the top right of the PCB.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you checked the ext bell fuse???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

Sorry for bringing this slightly off topic but not really worthwhile starting a new thread. What is the average loudness of an internal alarm siren? I am looking at 110Db for a converted garage office of only one room. Loud enough? I know the volume doesn't make a huge level of difference but is this quite loud?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

110db is pretty much as loud as you can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

If you want something louder you could always try a master blaster

Finneganjp wrote:
    You blew the ext bell fuse by touching two power wires. You should have powered down the panel and removed the red battery link before doing anywork on it. Replace the fuse with a 20 x 5mm slow blow 800mA fuse. It should be the first fuse on the top right of the PCB.

Thanks!

Finneganjp wrote:

Replaced it with a 1A fuse, as couldn't get an 800mA, worked a treat. All wired up now correctly and no annoying error message / fault LED.

Again, much obliged.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mark anthony

hi, ive a fault showing on the RKP saying internal bell fuse,now ive changed all the fuses and still its coming up on the display and on the LED.. If anyone can help it would much appreciated,
    Cheers mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

i found on some of the hkc panels that a fault wouldnt clear untill the panel had been depowered fully. also some of the fuse holders can be troublesome in the sense that they dont grip the fuse fully, it depends on what you used to extract the fuse. try pinching the fuse holder pins together to make them grip tighter before putting in the fuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mark anthony

north dublin,cheers il give it a go in the morning,and see what happens,thanks mark

Advertisement