Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Funniest/Worst thing seen in oxegen?

• 11-07-2005 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭

Just wondeing if anyone has any mad/strange/funny stories from oxegen. Wasn't there myself but it owuld be interesting reading as i'm bored off my ass in work!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

bass player from the bravery falling off the stage was pretty funny. it was made extra funny by the serious effort the band were putting in to look as cool as possible. he decided to pull off his shirt and ponce around the front of the stage. then he took a tumble.
    quite funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

id actually forgotten about that! that was so cringy.

then the same guy decided to jump onto the drum kit at the end and actually got a telling off from the security :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Ernesto

Snoop Dog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Potcher

dickheads in the security. MCD must have found the missing link, cloned him
    and put a yellow jacket on him..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

most of snoop's set had me creased up his "king pimp" mate was quite laughable !!!
    security tossers refusing to let people into a half full tent for reasons of safety during Mylo was a total pain in the hole as were the prices of the food on the GRAB -N-GO stand.
    I thought the whole idea of grab & go was to provide cheaper food as there are no tills /cashiers involved ???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

the lads at the campsite road shouting 'stay back stay back' when a moped was driving by

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭snakeater

A lad passed out, face down in the grass with his trousers round his ankles, everyone taking pics of his arse with their phones. I also saw a lad trying to jump from the steel fence to the green wall, didn't make it of course. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭She-Ra

having to walk passed the tiolet that was pushed over in camp site b last night was disgusting.. dont know how poeple could stomach their noodles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭BogOak

a friend of a friend sat down beside us when we were drinking by our tents and he fell asleep on the chair. he fell off it a few times and was clearly in a complete state. when he left it wasn't before he wet himself. then i went over to the car park where he was with his crowd and found out he was after gicking himself as well. then he went in to the gig with no top or shoes or socks and danced away in the dance tent for about six hours solid claiming afterwards that didn't take anything. good craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 347 ✭✭Norinoco

Speaking of wetting ones self:

Were were drink away in the campsite, when this guy came over to us and asked for a lend of a plastic glass, which we gave him.

He then proceded to but the cup down his pants and pee in to the cup. He was laughing away as he was relieving himself. Then ( which i assume is part if thie party trick) started to drop the cup down the inside of his leg, but unforutnatly for him, the cup hit his knee and spilled all the wee out drenched his pants.

We nearly died laughing!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

ah that's funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Crash&Burn

Was any one walkin passed B-10 on sat nite and met them loopers sayin shush you will wake the kids ? then they started saying sorry to every one ? was quite funny I tought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Funny things, I remember
    The group of people with guitars singing the Badgers Badgers Song.
    Guys diving face first in the mud by the sinks in campsite B, one of them naked.
    The Huge explosion in the fire in campsite B, making everyone jump for cover.
    People throwing tents in the fire
    Everyone throwing bottles in the air during audioslave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Ernesto

Potcher wrote:
    dickheads in the security. MCD must have found the missing link, cloned him
    and put a yellow jacket on him..........

***** gathered round me N my 2 mates when she put 3 skins 2gether & demanded we hand over what we have. 6 of them stood around us to intimidate us while we were sittin down.
    had to hand over a quarter, then i cudnt hold up my end of the arguement when i realized id no ticket.

pricks :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭almostagassi

security werent letting anyone in to see james brown despite it only being half full. big crowd of protestors developed eager to get in.

and then!!!

people started jumping over barriers and pulling the tent up to go under. fat security too slow to catch them. people queuing started to push through the barriers and knock security down. security gave up. funny cause i couldnt understand why security should give a ****e with it being the end of the night.

james brown=legend!!!!!!!!

flying bottles during audioslave
    mike skinner slagging the elitist vips in the mosh area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mr Rivers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

saw some guy who had been hit in the back of the head with a mallet. poor guy had to have staples put in his head.
    i broke my ankle as soon as i set foot inside the campite on friday afternoon so i had to hop around all weekend,it was saaad. but i didnt have to queue for the toilets at all,was a bonus...
    but i still had my fun :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

1st funny thing that happened was during Greenday- Billy Joe out his hands down his trousers and started feeling himself up then he couldn;t stop laughin....the dirty fecker :D

Then during Foo Fighter's set, this girl ran out on the stage over to Mr Grohl and demanded a kiss, he told her she looked like a back packer, then told her to "get off my ****ing stage"!!!! He kept looking over at this wife saying i "love you honey, I'd never kiss her on the lips", then he announced to everyone that after Oxegen (their last tour date) himself and the missus would start try for a family so mini Grohls running around- cool!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

All the bottles bein' thrown up at audioslave was really cool,a pure kodak moment.
    Gettin' soaked by security at Bloc Party,then my friends newly dyed pink hair going on everyone beside her and turning one guys arm completely pink
    Dancing to the Kaiser Chiefs was just pure fun.
    Sittin on my friends shoulders for New Order and watchin' the security get real angry at me as they mouthed "get down" and threw their arms around the place.
    And of course the Bus rides home.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

during keane/killers there was some dude locked, on his mates back and he kept saying "When i say punches, y'all say Town!"..."punches"...nothing..."punches"...nothing again, apart from people laughing. He was at it for ages and in the end people gave in to get him to shut up, twas funny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Sweetness!

Everyone trowing their bottles at Audioslave was really cool, the Bravery were just so funny to laugh at. After New Order last night me and my two mates were standimg in a field when this guy who was completely off his face came over to us and asked were we the que for the jacks and talking about Paris... god he was hilarious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Funniest moment - me drunk ..... worst moment - me drunk ..... I'm such a f**king pisshead. :eek:

The funniest moment was when some bloke comes over to all of my crew and starts rapping for about 5 minutes as if he is from NWA or something....... you'd have to be there to understand how funny it was. :D

All of the tents on fire in campsite B last night was really funny..... hopefully there was no one still in them! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

the worst i seen was the two dopes who climbed up the dance tent onto the roof,

the funniest thing i seen was the same two lads two afraid to come down to recieve a serious beating from the security!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Best moment: standing around wearing only my boxers socks and runners inviting girls to the pants party. ;)

Some muppet offering to human beat box for a can of beer and a fag, he was walking around with 2 "cheerleaders"
    then when he did we just ripped the p!ss of him and his mates. He looked like jack ozborn and his friend looked like the grinch.

The guys holding the lader up in campsite b and some guy climbing to the top of it and falling off.

the guys from buncranna in the tent next to us singin afternoon delight and streaking!!!

The music was good also.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 cougar

the funniest thing by far was the two huge security guards that snoop had on the edge of the stage. what was he thinkin, that there would be a drive-by in the middle of punchestown.
    As for the biggest disapointment, it had to be the foo fighters the sound was terrible were I was but managed to stroll around an catch most of a savage set from New Order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

Best moment: standing around wearing only my boxers socks and runners inviting girls to the pants party. ;)

Some muppet offering to human beat box for a can of beer and a fag, he was walking around with 2 "cheerleaders"
    then when he did we just ripped the p!ss of him and his mates. He looked like jack ozborn and his friend looked like the grinch.

The guys holding the lader up in campsite b and some guy climbing to the top of it and falling off.

the guys from buncranna in the tent next to us singin afternoon delight and streaking!!!

The music was good also.
    Was his name matt? Was he going "Matt to the Matt Matt"?

We had some guy doing that for a cig. We ripped the piss out of him aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

Funniest was when my friend put a white boiler suit on and covered his face with sun cream and put a condom on his head chasing people around trying to be a sperm. I have a pic here somewhere. Did anyone see him in A1??

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

Best song by far was that 3G song "you take away the sweatest part of me ,,,, who who whoooooooo oooooooo baby please dont go ".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Kappar wrote:
    Was his name matt? Was he going "Matt to the Matt Matt"?

We had some guy doing that for a cig. We ripped the piss out of him aswell.

It might just have been, sounds very familiar, he was up in B6, beside the tent with the guys playin guitar and saxaphone...

He was wearin a black heavy metal tshirt forget the band, had two guys who looked like his cheer leaders!

such a loser! nearly felt sorry for him, but that didnt stop us!

he was making jokes about muslim suicide bombers until we convinced him that 1 of my mates was muslim, then made him apologise to Allah!!! haha chump! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Anyone see the guy in the red glittery cape who crowdsurfed to the front during Doves and then somehow got up on the stage. I never saw him climb up or anything. Anyway he was kind of sitting at the side when Jimi Goodwin of the band noticed him and said "it's Donovan!" Your man got a big cheer and went over to shake hands with Jimi who said "that was a most surreal occurance!" pretty funny I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

our tent was next to this bitch's tent(who we hate) and on sunday we did the usual toilet paper over the tent and tied black bags and condoms with sun cream in them all over the strings. and then while talking about the sun cream in the condoms one of my mates says "man it would be funny if someone dod an 'authentic one' in one of the condoms and we tied it to the zip at the entrance to the tent." and we all burst our selves laughin and then he goes "will i do it?" and we laughed even harder and said "ah yea go on" so he went and had a posh one in the portaloos and came back and tied it on the zip. fúckin brilliant stuff. rather disgusting but what in the campsite wasnt disgusting.>?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

The Hoff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

2 random guys while we were walking through the Jazz Campsite (aka. B) on the last night showing us, with no clothes on, what a "mangina" was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

This girl in a gorilla costume giving my friend a kiss cuz it was his 21st on sunday. Class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Sitting in my car at around 4am listening to music, I turned my headlights on to find a guy taking a dump holding onto my bumper, he didnt know what was going on but when I beeped he shat himself! There were two of us in the car so we just laughed about it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

joejoem wrote:
    Sitting in my car at around 4am listening to music, I turned my headlights on to find a guy taking a dump holding onto my bumper, he didnt know what was going on but when I beeped he shat himself! There were two of us in the car so we just laughed about it.

thats ****ing hilarious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭She-Ra

joejoem wrote:
    brilliant!! laughing at this just got me a filthy look from the manager but it'll keep me giggling all day

I think perhaps the funniest thing was the fact that I woke up to find my tent surrounded by beer cans and food stuffs etc. I sleep walk/talk/shout/laugh and as of this weekend I sleep sing. The neighbours said we all arrived back within a half our of eachother but an hour after all drunk noises stopped I was Sleep singing "Drop it like its hot" by snoop dog. I didnt even see his gig and I hate that song. Aperrantly it went on for 20 mins. Still, not as bad as the time I kicked the girl out of bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cond0r

joejoem wrote:
    ROFL thats classic
    Getting weird looks here in work too.. hillarious

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

Funniest moment - me drunk ..... worst moment - me drunk ..... I'm such a f**king pisshead. :eek:

The funniest moment was when some bloke comes over to all of my crew and starts rapping for about 5 minutes as if he is from NWA or something....... you'd have to be there to understand how funny it was. :D

All of the tents on fire in campsite B last night was really funny..... hopefully there was no one still in them! :)
    Funniest moment for me has to be you saying "My crew" Are you Gareth from The Office by any chance?

Sorry, couldn't resist!

My fave was the guy who climbed to the roof of the dance tent at about 3 on Saturday, with the entire crowd cheering him on. Fish go Deep and that bird were on stage, and she was like "Eh, we're leaving now." And everyone was busy watching Spiderman, who needless to say was booted out the minute he came down. €150 well spent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭DArcy

Best:

Having an argument with our neighbours about how their tent had been moved a foot to the left, how it was all our fault & how dare we move their tent without asking their permission :rolleyes:

The psychedelic orange tape handed out by the owners of the infamous circus tent in A9.

Worst:

Sitting in the car & being crashed into by some idiot in a car who was off his face :mad:

DArcy wrote:
    Worst:

Sitting in the car & being crashed into by some idiot in a car who was off his face :mad:

Oh man that would suck. Also I got home (to south dublin) in an hour through the back roads. Today FM had people on who hadnt even left Punchestown after almost 3 hours on Monday morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Yeah, the car park was definitely one of the worst things about the gig, we were nearly three hours trying to get out of it too. One of my mates was nearly 7 hours waiting in the carpark on Monday morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 157 ✭✭Ooly

That happened to me too on sunday night / mon mornin around b9. i couldn't stop laughing..... :D

worst moment
    having to ask guys camping beside me & my friend to help put up our tent, it was so embarrassing......
    Friday night was rly bad too . . . . . it's just a complete blur

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

worst moment would be gettin jumped on by 1 of my fat mates while i was getting my only 2 hours sleep! Back is killing my but twas all in good fun!

funniest moment was seeing my other mate get jumped on in the tent...while gettin some nookie...then gettin out to complain...stark naked...sporting an erection!!!

classic moment! ive got a pic of it but is nudity allowed?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Ooly wrote:
    That happened to me too on sunday night / mon mornin around b9. i couldn't stop laughing..... :D

Hmmmmmmmmm ;) :rolleyes: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭eyebrows

Seeing some guy totally passed out with a blow up doll taped to him and a bag of shít sitting beside his head (kinda rotten). I was told the same guy drank a bottle of piss(donno if that's true).

or did anyone see the fight between some chick and some guy near B7. Funny shít. A bit snakey when people started throwing bottles at them though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

eyebrows wrote:

or did anyone see the fight between some chick and some guy near B7. Funny shít. A bit snakey when people started throwing bottles at them though.

Saw a similar thing around A7...it was really strange - and LOADS of people were throwing random things at them.

Funniest thing was "The Sock" in B10 - very Jackass/Party Boy I have to say. It was basically a naked guy with this 2 foot long sock dancing around to party music and popping in to random peoples tents... pretty funny.

Oh and we absolutely wrecked the tent of someone we knew at 1pm on Sunday - orange juice, suncream, melted mini rolls & jaffa cakes (donated by our neighbours) and "YOU'RE GHEY" written in suncream on the side. We decided to take a picture and try to send it to him - but, as usual, it wouldn't sent. By 4pm, when we were checking out the village - we got a delivery report - followed by several frantic phonecalls. We lied our way out of it - saying we had found it like that and that we had cleaned it (Which was true)...but then, just to finish the day off, we decided to record a confession on one of those 3 Mobile video things - if it had been played, it might just have been the funniest thing ever. Sadly I don't think it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 157 ✭✭Ooly

NoelRock wrote:

Funniest thing was "The Sock" in B10 - very Jackass/Party Boy I have to say. It was basically a naked guy with this 2 foot long sock dancing around to party music and popping in to random peoples tents... pretty funny.

Hmmmmm i think the Sock is from a MTV show called "blaggers" or something

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

security werent letting anyone in to see james brown despite it only being half full. big crowd of protestors developed eager to get in.
    I was in there and the place was jammers. There was absolutely no room for anyone else.
    people started jumping over barriers and pulling the tent up to go under. fat security too slow to catch them.
    This was hilarious! I was knackered at that stage and retreated to the back of the JB tent to sit down. Right beside me loads of blokes suddenly dived in under the canvas, pursued by security. One horse of a bloke couldn't be restrained, even when backup (3 more bouncers) ran over, he must have been on something. They dragged him back outisde eventually though, but it took a full minute.

Dodgy bloke in front of me at the Doves gig. Kept slapping some silly bird's ass. She keeps looking around and acting all shocked. Three minutes later she starts trying to score him :)

Festivals! If I ever stop going to them, kill me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement