Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WMCE2005 & PVR-150MCE Tuning

Options
  • 11-07-2005 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi guys,
    Looking for some help here, my TV tuner card is driving me nuts! I'm using WMCE2005 and a Hauppauge PVR150MCE. When I run "TV Setup", during the autoscan for channels, it only picks up 7 of the 16 channels I know I have. Even at that, the 7 it does pick up are very fuzzy and seem badly tuned.
    I've tried this set up as an Irish TV, and then as a UK (Belfast) machine, as described in the other postings to get the EPG working. This way it picks up only about 6-7 channels, but different ones!
    I have plugged a 14" portable TV into the same TV socket, and get all 16, crystal clear. Does WMCE not scan the entire band? Or does the EPG data for Belfast tell it to only look at specific frequencies?

Could someone post me details, or a link to details, on how to correctly use the MCEtuningoverides.XML trick?
    I tried editing it using the info from other posts but WMCE does not seem to pay any attention to it. I took care to set up the country number to 44 or 353 depending on which setup I was using at the time & I know the frequencies I entered are correct as I got the info from my 14"TV. Is there a regedit or something to force it use the .XML file instead of the auto tune?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭XT_Dweezil

I´m sitting on MCE2005 and a PVR 500 MCE (2x150 MCE tuner on 1 card) together with NTL

I get a total of 39 different channels that my card is picking up (could be down to the dual tv tuner), and some of them are poor quality, but 1 have 16 channels that are working fine.

Have you tried to re-scan the channels?

When it comes to the tv-guide in MCE2005 it goes on postcode, and i couldn´t get that to work on Dublin or a Belfast postcode

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MARINE

Yeah, I tried running the setup from scratch several times, as well as the "scan for more services" option. never picks up anything else. Funny you say the Belfast postcode trick didnt work for you, it works fine for me, now if i only had channels to assign the guides to! have u tried the code BT61-7QZ. it should work.

I guess if you select add channel it would make a difference?

I´ll try the postcode that you got me to see if there is a difference?

/ignore Have you selected region Ireland? /ignore off
    Are you using "normal" Ntl?
    Which channels are the ones that it picks up?

Edit: found this "I've tried this set up as an Irish TV, and then as a UK (Belfast) machine, as described in the other postings to get the EPG working"

You have to select UK as your location in order to use the BT61-7QZ postcode. As far as i know "add chanel" is only of use if you know the pre-defined 3 number code for it, but this system is not used in Ireland or UK as all the TV/Cable operators use different frequencies for any given channel. I could be wrong though. Also, I dont use NTL, I live in Portlaoise and we only get analog cable from Chorus.

Hmm to be honest i don´t have further recommendation, but try

http://www.xpmce.com/ or
    http://www.thegreenbutton.com

They both have good forums and they might be able to help you further :)

• Advertisement

Thanks Dwezil, i'll check them out.

So, anyone got any info on the correct way to use the tuningoverrides.xml file?

Advertisement