Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crazy standards of Irish Men!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

I think the responses proves a point. Irish men have massive egos. One only has to go to any small town in the country to see a godness married to the elephant man and this is everywhere in Ireland. Irish guys are obese, red faced and have appaling dental hygene. The only reason they score beautiful women in the first place is because there is 2 women to every man in Dublin so they can pick and choosen who they want.

girls should stop marrying for money then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

If Thai brides are a solution then she's lesbian/bi so that was my reasoning.

Ah, ok - zat explains zat. I think Snorlax was replying to the guys in this thread who were giving out about Irish women, though.

hey don't get me started on far eastern girls. yes, they're dismissive and they'll do what ever you want but they age like grapes in the sun. they go like raisins. all small shrivelled and wrinkly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

snorlax wrote:
    Kernel where i haven't noticed this?!;)

Everywhere Snorlax!! I sometimes try not to notice them so much, but I can't help it.... sexy harlots they are, and when you approach them, never an Irish accent! :);)

I think Irish girls are good looking though, don't get me wrong, I also think they have a good sense of humour (well as good as can be expected for a girl!), but it's more about the attitude. I'm no domination/possessive freak, but I do like to think I'm wearing the trousers when it comes to some decisions.... Irish girls think we are here to serve them, and have such a phobia about becoming 'a housewife like my mam' that they are now messier and lazier around the house than Irish lads! Trust me, I've seen it everywhere!

hey don't get me started on far eastern girls. yes, they're dismissive and they'll do what ever you want but they age like grapes in the sun. they go like raisins. all small shrivelled and wrinkly.

Yeah - Super Celts - never wrinkle all their lives.

/returns to this universe

???

• Advertisement

not as badly and as quickly as those.

one thing can be said for irish females, they don't look that bad at 40 compared to the rest of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

Yes i was refering to the guys on the thread giving out about irish women, because its ridculous and just proving that some guys obviously do have high standards so i m helping them out and with URLs for better shopping elsewhere, so make use of them!

oh and there actually 28,000 more females then males in ireland but thats because women live longer (male life expectancy is 5 years lower) http://www.cso.ie

not as badly and as quickly as those.

one thing can be said for irish females, they don't look that bad at 40 compared to the rest of them.

I wouldn't agree. It really depends on the individual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

iv heard irish people actually have very good skin though..

trust me it's generally accepted that people from far easter countries skin age worse than those from climates like ours. any i'll not repeat myself further, take it or leave it.

one my left I have a girl with good skin, mediocore everything else, on my right, mediocore skin and great everything else (only physical characteristics) who do i choose?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Kernel wrote:
    Dude, you have a picture in your sig of Patrick Bateman from American Psycho holding a nail gun to the back of a guys head, with the caption "Murders, executions mostly" underneath...... I don't think she'll call! :)

On topic, yeah Seamus is right, women are always moaning about us Irish men, but they'd never in a million years come up to a lad and take the initiative!

actually its to the back of a womans head...think she'll call now? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Poor guy does the decent thing & tells u the truth, he just didnt fancy you. he's allowed. it would be worse if he'd kissed u (or whatever else..) and played up to you liking him, and then you never heard from him again. then you'd have a case for moaning about guys, but a guy being honest about not liking u... no.
    i way prefer irish guys to foreign guys. ok they might not be as forward sometimes (unless drunk..) but at least they understand the word no. was on holiday with my friends recently in greece, and the greek guys were just so pushy, following u around all night etc, regardless of how many times u to go away, f**k off, or simply just ran to the other side of the club!
    & although its not the same for everyone, i find most irish guys at least have some respect for girls. (hmm maybe im going too far/asking too much). one of the girls we met on holiday was hit by a greek guy. maybe she deserved it, i dont know full story, but i know over here if some guy hit a girl out somewhere, he would not get away with it.

snorlax wrote:
    iv heard irish people actually have very good skin though..

Sounds like one of those myths, though. I mean, many people here are ridiculously pale, pasty, red-cheeked and freckly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Deadwing wrote:
    actually its to the back of a womans head...think she'll call now? :D

Hmm... maybe if she really wants to be 'nailed'.... :D;)

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Maybe he has someone else lined up...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

the reason why irish guys get on so well with girls from other countries is because all the training they have. Irish girls are generally nutcases. Half the time they don't know if they want to shag you or chop your willy off, then get their brother/da/the guy from across the bar to kick the crap out of you. so irish guys, by definition (excluding the horrible ones (which are in the minority)) are charming, attentive and considerate. if they are not, the female of the species, the deadlier, will kill them. so the irish abroad have no problems with the locals, because they're not used to that level of charm

nice troll kevin
    no sweeping statements there at all :/
    haven't gotten any in a while then?

another reason is irish girls, not all, but a lot, seem to have some sense of shame concerning their lepido.

lepido?
    is that some sort of spandex leotard I haven't heard of?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Irish guys are obese, red faced and have appaling dental hygene. The only reason they score beautiful women in the first place is because there is 2 women to every man in Dublin so they can pick and choosen who they want.

So what your saying is i've been doing it wrong along, me toned, likes to look good(ish) and brush my teeth. No gf. only one thing to do time to start gorging.

Any single females who like the above pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I think the responses proves a point. Irish men have massive egos.

Which responses would that be then? Any of the ones that weren't being sarcastic?
    One only has to go to any small town in the country to see a godness married to the elephant man and this is everywhere in Ireland.

Firstly what's a godness? Secondly where can I see this elephant man and how much is the show? Is it a man with the body of an elephant or an elephant with the body of a man, I'm genuinely curious...
    Irish guys are obese, red faced and have appaling dental hygene.
    Which completely explains why you're so upset at being turned down by them, I see what you're missing now...
    The only reason they score beautiful women in the first place is because there is 2 women to every man in Dublin so they can pick and choosen who they want.

I don't know where you're getting those figures from, but I've never seen anything like that in Dublin. Nottingham has 6 women for every man though, maybe we should all go there.

Personally speaking as an Irishman I do have very high standards, you need to be able to think for yourself. Have an opinion on world events, enjoy a laugh and not take life or yourself too seriously. If you're intelligent, good natured and have a sense of humour then you're well on the way. If you happen to be very attractive too that's a bonus, but not a requirement.

He didn't fancy you, that doesn't mean you're not attractive, just not to him. I'm sure you'll both live through the experience.

lepido-
    pref.

Scale; flake: lepidopteran.

:o:o:o woopsy.

you know what the funny thing is? i ripped some chick from finglas out of it for not know what it meant the other day (a comedian said it).

however, i'm not a troll or do i troll. of course i made sweeping statments, do you suggest i personally interview and analyse ever female on the planet?

Is it my imagination or do Irish guys have ridiculously high standards?

I went on a blind date with a friend of a friend last week. We had been emailing for some time, we had similar interests and had the same sense of humour so technically we should have been a great match. With the date we also appeared to be having a great time. He was cute enough but not exactly Brad Pitt. I'm no supermodel but not exactly what you would call plain either. I figured he would be up for at least a kiss but nothing happened. The feedback I got from my friend that he didn't fancy me. I know that everyone has different ideas of what they find attractive but I haven't been with an Irish guy in nearly 7 years and I have lived here almost all of that time!

I go for months on end without as much as a kiss and when I get one the guys are never Irish (and I don't hang out in Temple Bar). Anytime I go aboard I get loads of attention from guys and pull stunning ones, the type that I wouldn't even get a look in from here.

What's the deal with Irish guys -do they think their gods or something? :confused:

he could be gay.

• Advertisement

however, i'm not a troll or do i troll. of course i made sweeping statments, do you suggest i personally interview and analyse ever female on the planet?

It's the least you could do. AH is humanity's greatest repository of knowledge and wisdom and you really should try not to bring the standard down. 4shame.

simu wrote:
    Sounds like one of those myths, though. I mean, many people here are ridiculously pale, pasty, red-cheeked and freckly.

I think the irish skin the comes from us not getting alot of sun, as this causes aging of the skin. I've seen it in my friends from australia who are about the same age as me but when they don't have foundation on they look really haggard. There's a lesson to learn here, Want good skin? stay in a dark room

fair enough, i'll start with you simu.

Name?
    Age?
    Occupation?
    Skin quality?
    Attitude to Sex?
    Favourite colour?

I think the irish skin the comes from us not getting alot of sun, as this causes aging of the skin. I've seen it in my friends from australia who are about the same age as me but when they don't have foundation on they look really haggard. There's a lesson to learn here, Want good skin? stay in a dark room

your skin needs the sun to do something with vitamin D. i can't remember but i should know.

Want good skin? stay in a dark room

Cool!
    fair enough, i'll start with you simu.

But it has to be nanonymous! Seriously, it is an interesting topic though. Irish women's attitude to sex. Maybe you could start another thread on it with a poll. I don't think AH is the best place as 90% of the respondants will be men pretending to be female. Humanities maybe? Still, the same problems apply there. Researching isn't easy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Really, is a pulse and no previous claims of insanity too much to ask for?

your skin needs the sun to do something with vitamin D. i can't remember but i should know.

It needs the sun to make vitamin D. But too much sun gives you wrinkles. Just take multi vitamins.

yeah i need a woman like your skin needs the sun. you can get a suitable alternative in a shop. for less hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

emmmmm.... while I'm not one to tout the pc bullcrap that pervades these boards you may want to retract this statement - simply because it's incorrect you understand. Why do you think us Europeans have such a hard time telling what age Asians are? It's because they don't visably age as severely as white/black people - keep most of their hair, little greying, better skin smoothness (subcutaneous fats) and low calorie diets which means they don't put on so much weight. Those wrinkled Asians you see are probably over 90.

"lepido" is a scale or flake - the word you were looking for is "libido".

... and while I'm attacking you...
    "they're dismissive and they'll do what ever you want"
    Here the word you were looking for was "submissive" not dismissive which is far less kinky...

• Advertisement

thanks for that, i should really reread what i write. sorry!

Advertisement