Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crazy standards of Irish Men!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

yeah i need a woman like your skin needs the sun. you can get a suitable alternative in a shop. for less hassle.

It was all going well until you said the shop word.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I think the responses proves a point. Irish men have massive egos. One only has to go to any small town in the country to see a godness married to the elephant man and this is everywhere in Ireland. Irish guys are obese, red faced and have appaling dental hygene. The only reason they score beautiful women in the first place is because there is 2 women to every man in Dublin so they can pick and choosen who they want.

Is there maybe an outside chance he wasn't too keen on your personality?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

i'd doubt it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

snorlax wrote:
    iv heard irish people actually have very good skin though..
    If blue veined blotch is good skin then, yea I think we're top of the league....

(Massive generalisation alert)Personally, I find Irish women to be generally a lot more work than many of their foreign counterparts. Many consider you to be soooo lucky to even graced by their presence and then expect constant reassurance of both your intentions and their looks. Many have cornered the market in long term seething over some unknown slight to their blemish free character. The better looking they are the worse they become. Every single bloke I know that has gone out with a foreign woman swears they'll never "go back", myself included. Too much grief. The stories I could tell ya........

As for looks; I've said it before, but if you look at the pantheon of Irish sex symbols known world wide, they're all men. No women(save for the rare inclusion of a corr or two).

Also, walk down a street for one day in Paris, Madrid, Rome, Prague or wherever and you will see better looking women(and men) than you will see in Dublin in a year. Look at our coterie of "models" and socialites. Let's be honest, most of them wouldn't get near a front cover in somewhere like Italy and the ones that would are usually of foreign extraction.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

ah the poor irish cailín. well at least she's highly educated and earns a lot of money now a days.not getting any though!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 xtreem

Hi scobysnacks, I hope your thick skinned after all that bashing!!
    I know where your coming from allright, but there's a certain Irishness of guys just being useless at this stuff (He says putting his hands up knowingly!).
    Sounds like the chemistry just wasn't there, so put it down to experience and keep tryin. As said could be worse if he just strung you along. I find myself when overseas the whole dating game is different...and much easier for all concerned, introduce yourself, swap numbers...ring in a day or 2, hook up/don't hook up. I can only imagine the reaction you'd get in Ireland if you tried that.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭HOB-it

at the end of the day its down to who you want to shag. maybe your into blondes - maybe brunettes. Maybe its prize cattle wearing suspenders - who knows. Maybe good looking birds is your thing - but the less shallow may want to go for sense of humour or intellegence. Feck sake it maybe because you have good grammer that gets you laid.

Scoby if its worrying you that much - ask your friend to find out exactly what it was that he didnt like about you. With the problem of going months without a kiss - it sounds like you dont just want the kiss - (you wouldnt happen to be picturing what your children look like after the first date?). in my experience if a girl wants to get laid - there a 99.9% chance it will happen. Blokes are funny that way - throw a piece of ass at them and they'll leap like a salmon everytime to grab it.

No. put the baggage away and get your t1ts out. You'll find it produces greater results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

Wibbs wrote:
    Also, walk down a street for one day in Paris, Madrid, Rome, Prague or wherever and you will see better looking women(and men) than you will see in Dublin in a year. Look at our coterie of "models" and socialites. Let's be honest, most of them wouldn't get near a front cover in somewhere like Italy and the ones that would are usually of foreign extraction.

God some people really are using this as a thread for ex-girlfriend bashing?! Just remember all this stuff you're saying about Irish girls not being half as attractive as foreign girls....it goes for your sisters and mothers aswell, dont tar us all with your ex's crap.

oh darn i've just called my sister sexually unattractive to me. damn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

It's funny because you're all bitter about past experiences with the opposite sex.

• Advertisement

maybe we are maybe we aren't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

oh darn i've just called my sister sexually unattractive to me. damn.
    Funny. Im sure you'd love to hear a group of lads calling your sister a dog though, any guy I know would get pretty pissed off at that.

ah i don't like her anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

ah i don't like her anyway.

If you don't like her can i have her? I'll trade you mine

is yours in good condition? wear and tear? mines a good quality 1985 model (not a model). actually, i don't think i should pimp my sister like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭scobysnacks

Well a kiss would do really. I'm not ugly, bitter or gay and am pretty low maintenace for that matter. In fact I get on with everyone but am having a really hard time meeting a decent guy. I'm not saying that the bloke from last week should have been into me but it's the constant dissapointment that's getting me down (and I'm generally a happy go lucky kinda girl). If I had a group of single mates to hang out with it would be fine but all of mine are shacked up with long term partners and it's getting pretty lonely. I'm sick of going on benders every weekend from Friday till Sunday. I just want someone that I can hang out out with and do other things besides getting trashed all the time :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

u sound deadly i'll go out wit ya... u should try lookin for a new circle of friensds or maybe an ad in the personal columns

you know the way sharks can smell a 1 ppm drop of blood in the ocean? internet guys can do the same for the smell of desperation across internetland. if you don't get a date out of this you have my sympathy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

You're probably a minger.

John

who's john the minger me??

• Advertisement

did a couple of posts get deleted? i think it's unfair to call her a minger, certainly no evidence to suggest either way. however i'm surprised there isn't more girls backing her up saying this is a reasonably common occurence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Well a kiss would do really. I'm not ugly, bitter or gay and am pretty low maintenace for that matter. In fact I get on with everyone but am having a really hard time meeting a decent guy. I'm not saying that the bloke from last week should have been into me but it's the constant dissapointment that's getting me down (and I'm generally a happy go lucky kinda girl). If I had a group of single mates to hang out with it would be fine but all of mine are shacked up with long term partners and it's getting pretty lonely. I'm sick of going on benders every weekend from Friday till Sunday. I just want someone that I can hang out out with and do other things besides getting trashed all the time :(

Who knows - you might find true love™ on boards like I did!

really? tell all.

true yeah this happens all the time...think he was callin me the minger

coote you're lovely you're not minging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

really? tell all.

It's somewhere on my boards blog!

sniff thanks kev not too bad yourself...just so everyone knows me and kev have never met each other and we definatly haven't spooned :p...but on the op scobysnacks seems smashing so how the feck can she not get a fella wit so many psycho's walkin round wit fellas at their beck and call

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Cant believe what im hearing here-irish girls are way better looking than irish blokes!!Go out anywhere on a saturday night and you'll see this!Just look at any of the countrys gaa teams and you'll see this!colm cooper anyone?It annoys me cos my ex always used to say that heading out in dublin on english bank holidays was the best time to go out cos all the top totty is over from england!

i had a look at the blog and couldn't find anytihng. i;m guessing it's nesf.

ah coote don't sell yourselve short. you're a hottie.

OP - irish men do have crazy standards, they'd shag anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

ah the poor irish cailín. well at least she's highly educated and earns a lot of money now a days.not getting any though!!!

roffle

Advertisement