Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crazy standards of Irish Men!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

A lot of Irish women have the notion that being "Confident" is acting the absolute cow.
    Nail head, meet the hammer.

Just because most insuferrable bitches put up a show of being incredibly confident or are delusional enough to actually be genuinely confident, does not mean that to be confident you must also be a bitch. Unfortunately a lot of Irish women seem to miss this fact. Not all by a long-shot but it's seeming more and more like the norm these days. I've noticed it in some female friends who used to have confidence problems and it does my head in because the girls I'm thinking of are absolutely amazing people, unfortunately Irish culture seems to tell them that to be confident they have to act like bitches. It's repugnant.

Maybe it is just some of us Irish men, maybe it's just a handful of us, I don't know. I do know that being agressive does not equal being confident and I do know that if asked to generalise Irish women, agression would now be an unpleasant characteristic I'd have to include in the composite of an Irish woman. Where have all the ladies gone? Because if there are any of you out there still single (though that'd be a miracle) there's tons of us normal Irish guys just dying to meet ye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭drunkenfool

what kind of milk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Gross Halfwit

what kind of milk?

Ironically enough cow's milk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭drunkenfool

skimmed/ low fat/ supermilk???
    emmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Sleepy wrote:
    Nail head, meet the hammer.

Just because most insuferrable bitches put up a show of being incredibly confident or are delusional enough to actually be genuinely confident, does not mean that to be confident you must also be a bitch. Unfortunately a lot of Irish women seem to miss this fact. Not all by a long-shot but it's seeming more and more like the norm these days. I've noticed it in some female friends who used to have confidence problems and it does my head in because the girls I'm thinking of are absolutely amazing people, unfortunately Irish culture seems to tell them that to be confident they have to act like bitches. It's repugnant.

Maybe it is just some of us Irish men, maybe it's just a handful of us, I don't know. I do know that being agressive does not equal being confident and I do know that if asked to generalise Irish women, agression would now be an unpleasant characteristic I'd have to include in the composite of an Irish woman. Where have all the ladies gone? Because if there are any of you out there still single (though that'd be a miracle) there's tons of us normal Irish guys just dying to meet ye.

What exactly do they do that is so bitchy, out of curiosity?

• Advertisement

skimmed/ low fat/ supermilk???
    emmm.

Pure, full fat, creamy milk.

Nothing better/worse than bitchy creamy milk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

a fatty, creamy bitchy irish girl i mean milk?

I wouldnt want it anyother way.

Yarr.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭In_the_sea

hey scobysnacks,
    all i can say to u is...get out more! to post something like that u must have some sort of personal issue urself! why should u care so much to worry if he didnt fancy u! easier said than done, but that's his hard luck! his problem! why should u use it though as an excuse to ridicule the rest of irish men? that's generalisation! do you think thats right?u seem like u do! bad character point! :cool: men dont find that attractive..or do they!
    secondly, if u moan and moan and on on a message board only, it gives viewers the impression u a moaner!! so get a life!! if u have a problem with irish men go back to where you came from 7 years ago! go back to bliss perfect land then! see where that will bring u!
    so what about him not being brad pitt! so what! its his taste if he didnt fancy u..u gotta rise above it but u have lowered yourself to his level by complaining and generalising about "irish" men on this board!!!!!!
    I would hate to go out with someone like you...and i hope i speak for most people!!!! you want a girlfriend whos nice and well nice :rolleyes: :D
    you sound like a bitter old woman at 27!!!!!! jes get some help hon!

well this is one way to get anger out ladz!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Scobysnacks....nah don't tar us all with the same brush!!!

I'm assuming that there is nothing wrong with you..maybe it's the guys that you are going after? Take control and instead of waiting for the looks to come your way, dive straight in! Bit of chatting up won't hurt ;)

Oh and a piece of advice...avoid men that wear pink clothing and have their hair in that weird wet messed up peroxide style...they are totally up their own arse :D

I think the responses proves a point. Irish men have massive egos. One only has to go to any small town in the country to see a godness married to the elephant man and this is everywhere in Ireland. Irish guys are obese, red faced and have appaling dental hygene. The only reason they score beautiful women in the first place is because there is 2 women to every man in Dublin so they can pick and choosen who they want.

well in fairness go abroad then if ur not happy with the standards here. u dont have to stay in ireland u knw. :D as for red faced, obese bad teeth lad ur think we all are...well im irish and im none of them! dont paint us all with the same brush! take ur attitude elsewhere! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Mossy Monk wrote:
    sometimes i find it is Irish women that are up their own arses

id go beyond that and say that most people have their heads up their asses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

I have been vaguely paying attention to this thread and some thinks seems sttrange. First of the impossible standards of men seems just like a stupid statement. People still get together and both men and woman are choosing to stay single.
    What seems to be scarey to me as somebody who isn't single is the way single people act as they get older. I meet my partner when I was in my 20's but prior to that I was a happy single person running around meeting people. SOme friends stayed single and some became single again etc...
    Now we are in our early 30s my male friends avoid woman their own age. The answer is really simple why. The woman don't want to have a relationship they want a family and commitment in double time. MY female friends on the other hand seem to have a very derogatory view of men who are single. Generally complaining they are not very mature and really not interested in a realtionship.

Both groups seem to belive the other is not willing to have a relationship! When talking to them it becomes very clear they are using different indicators to what makes something a relationship. Men want to take it easy and woman at certain ages don't think they have time for what they want so try and rush it. The OP is probably in her 30s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

Oh and a piece of advice...avoid men that wear pink clothing and have their hair in that weird wet messed up peroxide style...they are totally up their own arse

hehe, once again nail, I’d like you to meet hammer, hammer nail.
    This thread is getting a little crazy with accusations left, right and centre ( men are scum, women are teases! ). Have ye ever considered the idea that men and women are alike? God forbid we treat each other with respect and dignity...

Yes both genders have their faults, but that's what forgiveness and understanding are there for. I cant imagine that women like being leered at all the time by men, and I don’t think men like being rejected because some girls friends has a problem with them.

Here's what I would recommend:

Guys : treat her with respect, open the door for her, take her coat! Ask her about her day. Compliment her. Oh, and see that quote ^^.

Girls : Take a risk now and again ( fortune favours the bold... ) and make the first move. If you’re not willing to put in the work, don’t bother. And don’t expect Mr. Charming to come along and sweep you off your feet ( cause he’s probably being chatted up by a girl who made the first move :p )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,457 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Now we are in our early 30s my male friends avoid woman their own age. The answer is really simple why. The woman don't want to have a relationship they want a family and commitment in double time. MY female friends on the other hand seem to have a very derogatory view of men who are single. Generally complaining they are not very mature and really not interested in a realtionship. Both groups seem to belive the other is not willing to have a relationship! When talking to them it becomes very clear they are using different indicators to what makes something a relationship. Men want to take it easy and woman at certain ages don't think they have time for what they want so try and rush it. The OP is probably in her 30s.
    No, it that the women in their 30s and single are the ones who have been left on the shelf because they are snobby bítches that didn't give guys a chace :P.

god i dont know what young ones are complainin about...he's not good enuf this that the other..well u think u can afford to say that when ur older and wrinkly??? lol..u wont have that attitude then coz u wud have realised ur gettin old and unnattractive and u were too choosy to have a person who cud grow old and love u with! If ur attitude continues u will have a very lonely life! guaranteed. i dont think u will contiune that attitude though

In_the_sea wrote:
    god i dont know what young ones are complainin about...he's not good enuf this that the other..well u think u can afford to say that when ur older and wrinkly??? lol..u wont have that attitude then coz u wud have realised ur gettin old and unnattractive and u were too choosy to have a person who cud grow old and love u with! If ur attitude continues u will have a very lonely life! guaranteed. i dont think u will contiune that attitude though

Sprechen Sie Englisch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

xzanti wrote:
    I often see gorgeous looking men walking around with plainer looking women on their arm.

Ye I see that a lot too. I also think our standards are way too high. Its also been made worse by over exposure to really hot girls. Im no Colin Farrell but my standards are unbelievably high

• Advertisement

scobysnacks what country are you originally from?

Ye I see that a lot too. I also think our standards are way too high. Its also been made worse by over exposure to really hot girls. Im no Colin Farrell but my standards are unbelievably high

If anything our standards are too low. Have you actually stopped to compare how many foreign countries' women look after themselves versus Irish women?

I just got back from Moscow. Walking the street, you'll see every second or third woman is quite attractive, in some cases beautiful. Even the less attractive girls look good because you'll see them dressing well, good make-up, and such. What do you get in Ireland? Girls walking around in tracksuits, over-done make-up, terrible skin conditions, etc.

The problem is that our standards are too low. And so we still go out with women who don't look after themselves. They don't seem to show much pride in themselves, and after they get into a relationship? Gaa! major physical changes occur.

If men were more selective or even more intelligent, then women would be forced into making themselves look good. Unfortuently they're so stubborn, that if we tried this, the women would make themselves worse just to spite us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

You're forgetting one factor: women follow fashion trends.

Right now, lesbianism seems to be all the rage so if men were to attempt a boycott of all women that don't match up to the standards of beauty you're talking about, they'd all just play for the other side. ;)

As for Fashion Trends, they follow clothes trends. So flares, skirts, etc sure. But looking after themselves? Ugh. Not very fashionable in Ireland.

I've never been someone that sleeps with women that I believe are below my standard, so I think I'll continue finding my partners abroad except for the one or two Irish women that look after themselves. Regardless, there's no big loss them turning lesbians. Most of Irish women look like lesbians already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

If anything our standards are too low. Have you actually stopped to compare how many foreign countries' women look after themselves versus Irish women?

I just got back from Moscow. Walking the street, you'll see every second or third woman is quite attractive, in some cases beautiful. Even the less attractive girls look good because you'll see them dressing well, good make-up, and such. What do you get in Ireland? Girls walking around in tracksuits, over-done make-up, terrible skin conditions, etc.

The problem is that our standards are too low. And so we still go out with women who don't look after themselves. They don't seem to show much pride in themselves, and after they get into a relationship? Gaa! major physical changes occur.

While I admit you have a point there klaz, does personality not register on your radar at all? I mean, you sound very superficial. Let's face it, there's no point being in a long-term relationship with a stunner from Moscow who is unable to hold a conversation, dumb, and has no sense of humour or sense of fun... personality goes a long way as they said in Pulp Fiction. Some Irish (and probably all) men forgive a woman of some imperfections if they have the right personality and attitude.

Now, Irish girls being lazy selfish bitches in comparison to our Eastern European dolls, that's another story! ;)

While I admit you have a point there klaz, does personality not register on your radar at all? I mean, you sound very superficial.

Ahh but I was only talking about looks initially because thats the first thing we see in women. But personality? Many Irish women fail in this aswell.

Superficial? Hardly. Sex is good, but I like to have some fun in bed, so that requires a woman to be able to hold a conversation. Cuddle Time. :D
    Let's face it, there's no point being in a long-term relationship with a stunner from Moscow who is unable to hold a conversation, dumb, and has no sense of humour or sense of fun... personality goes a long way as they said in Pulp Fiction.

Totally agree. Which is why you meet a Russian woman that is able to have a conversation, intelligent, has a sense of humour, eats healthily etc AND looks great. *Shock* Yes. We can get the total package for a relationship, either here or abroad.

Personality goes a huge way. Without it, there'd be no point in being with someone. But then does your partner's personality include picking fights, getting drunk on a semi-regular basis, vindictive gossiping etc?
    Some Irish (and probably all) men forgive a woman of some imperfections if they have the right personality and attitude.

Why? I really mean it why would you? Sure if you wanted a friend. But a girlfriend/lover? nah. You want both, or just the good looking part.

Its just that Irish women know that we (irish men) eill continue to accept them regardless of how they behave or look.
    Now, Irish girls being lazy selfish bitches in comparison to our Eastern European dolls, that's another story!

True. But I'm not refering to just eastern women. I'm talking about Asian, Spanish, Italian etc. All of which take more time & effort to look after themselves. What do we get? Men with tits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Is it my imagination or do Irish guys have ridiculously high standards?
    No. Just the Irish wimmin have ridiculously high standards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Personality goes a huge way. Without it, there'd be no point in being with someone. But then does your partner's personality include picking fights, getting drunk on a semi-regular basis, vindictive gossiping etc?

In fairness that happens in all nationalities, it's more of a woman thing... maybe the getting drunk thing is more for Irish ladettes, fair enough, but gossiping and picking fights (I assume you mean rows with partner?) is something that's hardwired into most women! :)
    Why? I really mean it why would you? Sure if you wanted a friend. But a girlfriend/lover? nah. You want both, or just the good looking part.

Well, you have to overlook some imperfections, since it's impossible to get the perfect match all the time. Even if you were going out with Jessica Simpson or a stunner who had a great attitude about everything, there are always imperfections or things you don't like, so you have to overlook. Same with women, I think a lot of them want the illusion that's been presented on TV, of the sensitive perfect guy, and they get pissed off because most men are men.
    Its just that Irish women know that we (irish men) eill continue to accept them regardless of how they behave or look.

True, a lot of Irish men are eejits, or he-bitches who take too much from Irish women.. It seems that the nicer a guy is the more a woman will want to take advantage of that and walk all over him. At least with the competition they might have to re-evaluate their worth on the market! ;)
    True. But I'm not refering to just eastern women. I'm talking about Asian, Spanish, Italian etc. All of which take more time & effort to look after themselves. What do we get? Men with tits.

haha.. ahh, there are still some proper Irish cailins and girly girls out there, but in terms of looks, yeah many foreign women take care of themselves better, but it's mainly the attitude I notice more. Foreign women always seem nicer, friendlier and more willing to look after their man. The secret with it is to stick to your guns and take no **** from any woman, because if you do, you're guaranteed to be taking it for a long long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

maybe thats why irish girls/women get all dolled up for a night out, im in france, and couldnt get over the relaxedness (?) of a night out, hardly any effort at all :p

• Advertisement

In fairness that happens in all nationalities, it's more of a woman thing... maybe the getting drunk thing is more for Irish ladettes, fair enough, but gossiping and picking fights (I assume you mean rows with partner?) is something that's hardwired into most women!

Oh I agree. But its the general personality that Irish women have. I have a number of female friends in their mid-late twenties who go out every weekend to get drunk. They pick fights with men and women while drunk, eat huge amounts of fried chicken after the club, and then fall asleep at home (or someone elses home) without removing make-up or removing clothes. Just is just a small group of Irish women. But its copied across the country by other Irish women everywhere. Eat loads, Drink loads, and act like pricks (in their minds, men).

Actually I meant picking fights in the street, either verbally or physically.
    Well, you have to overlook some imperfections, since it's impossible to get the perfect match all the time. Even if you were going out with Jessica Simpson or a stunner who had a great attitude about everything, there are always imperfections or things you don't like, so you have to overlook. Same with women, I think a lot of them want the illusion that's been presented on TV, of the sensitive perfect guy, and they get pissed off because most men are men.

Did I mention perfect? I like real women. Women who can look after themselves well, and act like women. They can still drink, eat, ****, etc. I'm not asking for anything difficult. I'm looking for a woman. Not a man. Not a butch lesbian. Not a woman that acts like a soccor hooligan most of the time. Its strange. If you say you want a woman thats really a woman, people no longer understand. I guess I'm looking for an extinct species in Ireland/England.

Advertisement