Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crazy standards of Irish Men!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

I think he means that he likes his women to be feminine, me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Love

panda100 wrote:
    Cant believe what im hearing here-irish girls are way better looking than irish blokes!!!

I think there are way more good looking Irish girl than guys tbh :(

Girls making the first move: why not? I usually don't, but it's always worked out well when I have..

grasshopa wrote:
    A LOT of Irish girls would look 20 times better without the blonde highlights, hoop earrings and face full of make up.

Couldn't agree more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Oh I agree. But its the general personality that Irish women have. I have a number of female friends in their mid-late twenties who go out every weekend to get drunk. They pick fights with men and women while drunk, eat huge amounts of fried chicken after the club, and then fall asleep at home (or someone elses home) without removing make-up or removing clothes. Just is just a small group of Irish women. But its copied across the country by other Irish women everywhere. Eat loads, Drink loads, and act like pricks (in their minds, men).

Actually I meant picking fights in the street, either verbally or physically.

Yuck! I hate that unladylike behaviour... can't stand women like that at all.
    Did I mention perfect? I like real women.

Well, you did ask why anyone should accept someone's imperfections, and someone with no imperfections is perfect, by definition, so although you didn't mention perfect, you insinuated or alluded to it. ;)

Well, you did ask why anyone should accept someone's imperfections, and someone with no imperfections is perfect, by definition, so although you didn't mention perfect, you insinuated or alluded to it.

Actually it was you that introduced imperfections into this. Your word. ;) I was just responding to your post. i.e.:

"Some Irish (and probably all) men forgive a woman of some imperfections if they have the right personality and attitude."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dilly1

Irish girls are very needy, not independent at all. They are very bitchy towards each other and can be quite rude, then they expect people to be polite to them, its a strange old world we live in isn't it

I worked with a girl from Australia for 3 years, she said that Irish girls were the bitchiest she had ever met, and very aggressive towards each other. :eek:

I find Dublin girls would start a fight in an empty room, of course once the
    punches start they are nowhere to be seen, they leave the poor boyfriend there to take those.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

I dont think that fancying someone is purely to do with looks. When I fancy someone I know straight away. Its just something about them. Ive even fancied someone Ive only spoken to on the phone before. Ive been out with v v good looking people before and didnt fancy them at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭comad

I met an Irish girl 2 weeks who was a good laugh, sound, unpretentious and reasonably attractive. I'm still in shock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭fischerspooner

I agree with the girl living in france. Why do irish girls and british girls get so plastered in makeup etc. and spend hours getting ready to go out? In France/spain/germany etc. the girls dress in a more relaxed fashion and look a lot better in my opinion, and none of them seem to wear noticeable makeup. Irish girls in my opinion are a total disaster no matter what way I look at it, compared to their foreign counterparts. You just don't have an ounce of style or charm left in you.

I dont think that fancying someone is purely to do with looks. When I fancy someone I know straight away. Its just something about them. Ive even fancied someone Ive only spoken to on the phone before. Ive been out with v v good looking people before and didnt fancy them at all!

I agree its not totally about looks. I've found certain women fascinating to be with and they weren't all that good looking. Everyone has their own tastes when it comes to physical & mental/personality attributes. I like dark hair on women, my friend prefers blonds. I like both short & tall women, some of my friends like one or the other. Preferences only go so far though.

I've met a large number of Irish women that repelled me on both levels. In that physically they were terrible, and also they were bitter, spiteful, and arrogant women. And these were in their mid-twenties. And I've met a fair number of middle aged women gone to fat, who still believe themsleves to be Gods gift to men.

Skin deep beauty is never enough beyond the sex element. Even then, you want some form of intelligence or fun in the women you're having sex with.

But its too often that I walk down the street in Ireland, and see women who do not take care of their appearance, and who are no fun to speak to. I actually believe Irish women to be the most arrogant, ignorant and rude people on the face of the planet.
    comad wrote:
    I met an Irish girl 2 weeks who was a good laugh, sound, unpretentious and reasonably attractive. I'm still in shock

Treasure those moments. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

Im an irish girl and I dont agree. I never plaster myself in make up. People have often mistaken me for french/spanish. Dont tar us all with the same brush. Irish men are hardly fashion gurus either!

• Advertisement

Im an irish girl and I dont agree. I never plaster myself in make up. People have often mistaken me for french/spanish. Dont tar us all with the same brush. Irish men are hardly fashion gurus either!

Oddly enough I don't think anyone said that we were. Most women on the other hand believe that they are.... :D

Still, I've said that there are some women that I've met who weren't like this. Just very few and very far between.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Poor aul Irish men, what martyrs! Lollers schmollers, those Irish women are awful alright!

They should all be deported to the Blasket Islands. Discuss!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

*narrows eyes*

I think simu may be on to something here lads...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Why do irish girls and british girls get so plastered in makeup etc. and spend hours getting ready to go out?
    Some cos they're ugly, some cos they enjoy it, and some feel they "need" it, to get the "best" man, and not let some other woman who's dolled up better than her get him.
    And I've met a fair number of middle aged women gone to fat, who still believe themsleves to be Gods gift to men.
    TBH, I've seen a few 18-25yo's who proberly have trouble getting into a bus, yet still think they are gods gift to men. I admire their self esteem, but sometimes they strut their stuff in the wrong way (belly-top on a 5foot 18 stone woman is not good, esp if the flab is hanging out like wings on a hen about to take off!).

=-=

OH, and WE ARE the experts when it comes to fashion... as your trying to impress us, and we know what we want, thus the sh|te about us not knowing anything about fashion... we don't know what you want, maybe, but most of you have no clue what we want...!:D

Yeah right, if he looked like Sloth out of the Goonies, I reckon you'd quickly unfancy him! I love the way girls lie and say it's not about looks.... :D

http://www.a-arca.com/v2/images/pipoca_artigo_goonies_relembrando_02_pq.gif

the_syco wrote:
    (belly-top on a 5foot 18 stone woman is not good, esp if the flab is hanging out like wings on a hen about to take off!).

haha.. yeah, I've seen it a few times! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

ok i was talking with a friend (he is not irish) about irish girls and he pointed out that there are penty of hot irish girls (17 - 25) but hot irish women are a far more rare thing. i have to admit, i agree. many (if not most)women here look pretty haggard and burned out by 26 - 30. i put this down to alcohol and genetics. in other european countries and in asia,oz,usa etc women remain physically attractive for much longer. i think the UK is similar in this regard. anyone else notice this?

ferdi wrote:
    ok i was talking with a friend (he is not irish) about irish girls and he pointed out that there are penty of hot irish girls (17 - 25) but hot irish women are a far more rare thing. i have to admit, i agree. many (if not most)women here look pretty haggard and burned out by 26 - 30. i put this down to alcohol and genetics. in other european countries and in asia,oz,usa etc women remain physically attractive for much longer. i think the UK is similar in this regard. anyone else notice this?

Yeah, it's the binge drinking, fags and junk food.

Kernel wrote:
    Yeah, it's the binge drinking, fags and junk food.
    its such a bloody shame, so many hotties lost:(

ferdi wrote:
    its such a bloody shame, so many hotties lost:(

yeah, but for every hottie MIA, there's 2 new Polish/Latvian/Slovakian ones drafted in, so it's all good! :D

• Advertisement

i dont want to have to go for foreign chicks, when you find a sound irish girls, they just cant be beaten on personality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

there's always one ^^^

it's generally accepted that irish guys are better looking than their female counterparts. Think of famous irish actors. the majority are handsome men. the famous females one, well, they're ok.

It is generally excepted that irish guys are ugly as ****, drink a lot and wear tracksuits!! - Only joking :D

Seriously, just because of a few guys that made it on the telly or hollywood you really believe that Irish men look better than their female counterparts?

I'd say that in general mediterranian people are the best looking bunch and although there are cuties around the Irish population is NOT THE BEST LOOKING on the surface of the planet, especially men - you have to travel more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I think that our problem is a lack of confidence; when we meet good looking girls, we feel that we shouldn't waste our time because we haven't got a chance.

This comes from years of being knocked every time we try to do something, with the line "you're just not good enough".

I think that our problem is a lack of confidence; when we meet good looking girls, we feel that we shouldn't waste our time because we haven't got a chance.

Huh? Really. I don't think I've met enough good looking irish women to gain a lack of confidence about them. I've always been more afraid of their personalities than them being good looking.
    This comes from years of being knocked every time we try to do something, with the line "you're just not good enough".

Never been told that. "Lets be Friends" sure. But thats only because I was a wimp, and let her walk over me, virtually begging for love and comfort. But then I was 16 and didn't have any clue at all. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I call racism on this thread! There's lots of great Irish women out there. Just don't use the op as an example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,457 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Pigman II wrote:
    I
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

Its bigotry surely.

Pigman II wrote:
    There's lots of great Irish women out there.

Sure there are! But I've very rarely found any of them. Perhaps they emmigrated to Australia?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Kernel wrote:
    yeah, but for every hottie MIA, there's 2 new Polish/Latvian/Slovakian ones drafted in, so it's all good! :D

Ah yes the upside to EU expansion!
    Maybe there's just a little generalising going on in this thread but I can't say I'm less happy in Sweden than I would be back home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 liten

Very funny i came across this thread! I'm a swedish girl living in dublin and I have to say that irish fellas are the most charming gentlemen you will find OP!

Sure southern european guys are throwing themselves over you, but once you get to know them they either treat you like a godess or a mum. I cant understand how anyone would like that.

Nordic guys are in general the worst ones, they get drunk and then aggressive(irish men are lambs compared to most swedes). And even though i probably look like the stereotypical swede for you people i wouldn't even get looked at twice at home.

ps. i love to generalize:D

• Advertisement

liten wrote:
    I'm a swedish girl living in dublin and I have to say that irish fellas are the most charming gentlemen you will find
    was i talking to you in Doyles the other night?

Advertisement