Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FreeBSD install problem

• 06-08-2001 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭

i downloaded 4.3-install.iso burned it and tried to install.

first i tried booting off the cd but that didnt work one the loader said it couldnt load a kernel, some error like xf_read: unexpected eof.

so then i made the two floppies and booted off them, went through the screens and set up the slice and partitions and then selected cdrom media to install from.
    it then said,

Doing newfs -b 8192 -f 1024 /mnt/dev/ad0s2f

after a while it said

Error mounting /mnt/dev/ad0s2f on /mnt/usr : Input/output error

anyone know whats going on ?

Mr. Chuffy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Broken CD, try writing it again. If it still happens, download the iso again, from a different location. www.linuxiso.org have fbsd4.3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Kev

its definatly not the iso i checked the md5sum before burning it, but why do you think its the cd, i thought it might be that myself but i have no real idea. is there anyway you can check if a cd is broken, if i rip an iso off it should it be the same bit for bit as the iso i burned to it.

Mr. Chuffy

Advertisement