Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAME on Dawson St closed

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

the_syco wrote:
    Sounds like the money they got off the sale of the Grafton St branch is being pumped into the others renovations, tbh.
    You have to remember: Grafton St is on of the most expensive streets in Europe, rent-wise!

I think GAME still own the lease for Grafton St too, which is why it took so long to sell. If Office stop paying rent now it falls on Game's ass, so they wanted a company that was likely to do well rather than something like a sock shop!
    I wonder if they're still cutting some profit from the shop...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 BloodNinjaCult

evad_lhorg wrote:
    that bloodninjacult sounds like a Gamestop manager or somethin :rolleyes:

ah now Del..................I'd have to take a 10k paycut ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭captain P

Rhyme wrote:
    Ah, i noticed the door closed yesterday... thats two down, and the staff there were nice too

yeh.... super nice!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They seemed far too much into pimping the xbox in that store. I remember a girl was going to buy a Gamecube for the Resi games since she was a big survival horror fan. She ended up walking out with an xbox and a copy of silent hill 2. The poor thing has now missed out on Resi 4. Well maybe not since it looks more than likely there will be an xbox release but at the time there wasn't. i know my xbox is by far the least played of my consoles and I only really play multiformat games on it because of the slightly better quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The guys in Tallaght are fairly serious Xbox pimps too. They also bash the GC so much it's unreal. The word 'handbag' gets thrown around a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 BloodNinjaCult

Retr0gamer wrote:
    They seemed far too much into pimping the xbox in that store. I remember a girl was going to buy a Gamecube for the Resi games since she was a big survival horror fan. She ended up walking out with an xbox and a copy of silent hill 2. The poor thing has now missed out on Resi 4. Well maybe not since it looks more than likely there will be an xbox release but at the time there wasn't. i know my xbox is by far the least played of my consoles and I only really play multiformat games on it because of the slightly better quality.

If you knew me well, you'd call me a Nintendo fanboy. That would be true, I am but GC compared to the Xbox? Xbox *IMO* beats the GC on almost all fronts(I own both and play both). My point? What you got/will get in Game on Dawson St. is an honest opinion.

Now folks, lets not decend into that fanboy tripe, it's just my opinion.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I've never been a Ninty fan boy, but I do love some of the stuff the company comes out with, and I love the fact that it's so original. That said, I use my xbox the most out of the consoles I have, just because there are more games on it that appeal to me.

Now, had that lady been dealing with me and said she liked survival horrors I would have sold her the GC just for Resi 4. I'm not sure how good Silent Hill 2 is but I know Resi rules.
    /me holds fingers crossed for Resi 1 on the DS!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Rhyme wrote:
    and the staff there were nice too

damn straight ;)

half of the blanchardstown store is open and the second half is being renovated. blanch will end up only being half a store though. dawson st will not end up so. should be nice and pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Blanch is completely closed until the 16th.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

Yeah I remember when Game Henry St move the gamecube stuff - couldnt find it for ages :(

Doesn't help that Ireland got a grand total of 5 copies of Res4 - which I STILL havent played yet :(

That said - you could find some unusual stuff in Game Dawson street - didnt really need to be refurbished imo - waste of money. Id prefer better value for monet tbh.

• Advertisement

the refit wont make prices go up. its to make it look snazzy. it still will be the same store with the same ass kickin staff ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭hutch

i much prefer GAMESTOP myself.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Slurms wrote:
    Blanch is completely closed until the 16th.

About time im tired of plops of water hitting your hear or buckets all over the floor, what the hell was it leaking theres a shop above them. Hope they rebrand them EB will bring things full circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

That was kind of odd. I just walked over from Hodges Figges (while trying to purchase the last part of Neal Stephensons The System of the World) and I almost walk into a building site.

That's what I get for mixing up Dawson with Grafton :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

OT: Did they have that book in stock yet, amp? Ive been going crazy trying to find it the past couple of weeks. :(

Just so you all know.

GAME on Dawson St will re-open on the 13th of August. there will be specials goin on also. not exactly sure what they are tbh but it will be more than likely 10% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

Has anyone been to Game in HumDrum SC, its dismal, last time I was there I quipped to the guy "busy??" and he holds up a rubber band ball he made that day, it was the size of his head!

I then did my usual return in 10 ten days no questions asked, for the 3rd time in a row, and he tried to weasel out of it by telling me the game was scratched!

I got him to test it there and then, no problems, its your policy man, not mine! Of course its gonna be taken advantage of, Ive played all the recent releases until bored for the cost of the original!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

SofaKing wrote:
    OT: Did they have that book in stock yet, amp? Ive been going crazy trying to find it the past couple of weeks. :(

No, in my disapointment I bought the Diamond Age which my flatmate already owns. Altogether a terrible day only rescued by my purchase of GTA:SA for the pc.

Advertisement