Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bob Dylan Live in UK

• 11-07-2005 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭

I just found out that Bob Dylan is playing a number of shows in the UK this November. Has anyone heard if there is any chance he will be playing here too?

I've only started listening to his stuff relatively recently and I'd love to go and see him in concert, preferably without going to cardiff or manchester for the pleasure...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭She-Ra

if ya cant see him here, go over anyway... the man is a legend. saw him in Galway last summer... the sun, beer and bob dylan... twas a top class day and despite not much interaction with the crowd (look at him for gods sake!!) he still well worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭dream brother

Seen him at galway too but i think a smaller venue would work wonders for him! Come on Bob play one more gig in this emerald isle..........

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭shano

It was on the radio today that he'll be playing Dublin in the ****ehole that is the point. I think I'll open a post dedicated to the event as opposed to having confrontations over the UK aspect of this one...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=281457

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Bob on his never ending money spinning tour, he's brutal live now let me tell you that, all the songs sound completely different, only real officionados can enjoy it I think. He doesn't play guitar anymore, just sits at the side of stage on keyboards. You'll be going just to have seen him not to really enjoy it, don't get your hopes up and you might enjoy it.

(Its my 1000th post!! Pity its so pesimistic)

I saw the last gig in the point and the one in Galway. I agree that it's a shame he doesn't play geetar anymore and just sits side stage warbling but I love the fact that he adapts the tunes so much - it makes it really interesting. The sets are extremely varied too so you can be sure to hear a gem every time. The sound was pretty good considering it was the point but absolutely brutal in Galway - the residents were to blame for this I think. It's a pity he doesn't use some female vocalists to ease the pressure on him and carry the tunes a little more. At the end of the day I will go again to see him because of the vibe at the shows which is still savage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭bladetrinity

comet the man is acomplete genius i saw him in the point and ill be there next time the key board thing sure is disapointing but the following gig last time canceled cause of his throat, he aint young and he never stops did you see masked and anoymous.. it rocked :cool:

must check that movie out

- hear I got Philo first think you should change - tis only fair ;-)

Hows That Shano Listen I Just Put You On My Buddy List We Have Alot Of Common Interests Is That Cool And If You Need To Know Any Dylan Stuff Or Lizzy Stuff Im Yer Man

no worries lad. take her handy

Of course I think Bob Dylan is a genius, I'm a big fan of his music, I'm just not a fan of watching a tired old man who looks half sick of playing the same songs every night of his life (he tours continuously). I'm not really interested in hearing weird/countrified versions of classics. I enjoyed the show I went to, great to be just in his presence but he isn't a great performer anymore, maybe he never was?
    He can easily sell half the tickets to any of his gigs to teenagers who "want to see him before he dies", fair enough I had the same attitude, but tbh if you are true to rock n' roll you should be checking out a new band that night in Whelans or something and keep Bob for the CD cos he'll never sound that good again.

• Advertisement

see ya at the gig comet ...hey if i get any spare tickets will i keep you one or will you be in wheelansgivin out cause ya didnt get a ticket :) but seriously your right if your not a real fan give your ticket to a real one like me

Yeah that'll be me alright moaning away, that'll probably be the night too that Bob will play guitar and sing em like they used to be, it'd be just my luck!!

hardly the exact same songs every night....

http://bobdylan.com/live/spring2005setlists.html#20050721

I bet you will end up going to see him Comet! I tried to avoid going to see U2 but ended up heading over to Manchester to see them after not succeeding in securing tickets for the first date here. It was as predictable (and at times bland) as I knew it'd be but the last time I protested and didn't see them (Popmart 97) I was kicking myself for 4 years. Still was a good old show.

It's not worth it - go see the old codger.... :D

i have 32 of his albums 4 dvds saw him once last year and an struggling to play his songs on guitar i personaly think other artists sing his stuff better listen to or watch masked and anonymous star studded and still rocking. there are more bob dylan songs out there that people dont know he wrote sung by other artists he certainly does not need money. :cool:

it aint about the money - it's a way of life - just like BB King and Rory Gallagher (RIP) - these guys just can't stop playing - it's what keeps them going...

amen i wish phillo and rory were still alive i managed to get tickets for the statue unveiling and gig in the point for the boy is back in town i cant waitsat20 aug are ya goin

those tickets are feckin expensive man :mad:

no more than maiden at the rds - we went to prague to see Maiden in May - tickets cost E25 so why do they cost E65 here? and hence it hasn't sold out - greedy ticketbastard

its a lot to pay but why do we work for the man if not to live for the music i grew up on lizzy i wouldnt miss the statue night for no man. :cool:

Advertisement