Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

this weather eh?

• 11-07-2005 2:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭

Feckin hell this heat is unreal. Pity i'm stuck at work. Went out for a smoke and the heat just hit me BANG!.. It was like stepping off the plane in spain or something.. wow.. not a cloud in the sky.. and i'm stuck at my desk.. this sucks.. anyone elsechained to their desks instead of at a beergarden?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I hate it. I hereby declare that summer is evil and should be nuked post haste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

pshaw...

apox on you alcoholics and begrudgers!

'tis perfect weather for le moto tourisme!

(and I have a half-week at work so I can spend the majority of the week in the sun, cruising around on ma hog)

Melt you cretins, melt in the dire heat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

rymus wrote:
    pshaw...

apox on you alcoholics and begrudgers!

'tis perfect weather for le moto tourisme!

(and I have a half-week at work so I can spend the majority of the week in the sun, cruising around on ma hog)

Melt you cretins, melt in the dire heat!
    **** you.

Im stuck in office for full week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm sitting at my desk, blinded by the sunlight shining through the sky which is being reflected off my monitor. And I'm slowing melting.

I'm with simu on this one, nuke summer

take my approach on dealing with un-naturally warm climes when at work..

STRIP OFF!

Its a double edged sword of effectiveness... Not only does it keep your giblets icy cool and well ventilated but it also deters co-workers from entering your workspace due to the nudity. Seems to have worked well for me so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I'm taking the day off college in protest.
    And when I go in tomorrow I'm staying in my air conditioned server room.
    19 degrees and no windows. Maybe I should sell tickets?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I'm in work as well, but since I get to go outside on break and at lunch I'll take this over windy and miserable any day.

indeed.. it's all gone a bit Californ-i-a today. Beats wet & windy hands down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

See now today is a day we should all be bushin'. Sitting outside Garryvoe Hotel with ice-filled pints of Bulmers* in our paws, just talking complete and utter bollocks. You know, like usual.

I love this weather by the way. So there.

adam

*I've always been partial to a half-pint of ice-cold Carling on days like today, I've never been able to fathom why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

I was at a wedding in the garryvoe hotel on thursday, stayed the night, the hotel is magic, lovely little spot. drank till dawn and then watched the sun come up while supping whiskey, what summer's all about really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

F*ing melting here in Limerick, too - of all places! (Frank McCourt, roll in yer $$$$$$...) I think the killer is that there's not a breath of wind - hence very 'heavy' heat. Sun like this + light breeze = heaven!

Still, one more day in work and I'm outta here... :D

Beer! Me want BEER!

I'd join you sometime after 8 if you're interested. It's just one of those days when an ice cold bulmers seems the most attractive thing in the world

Tom Barrys?

Deal, I'm giving a grind at 7, so I'll scoot on over afterwards. Should be there sometime around 8.15. Hopefully the whole world and his mother won't be there in the garden.

Anyone else? Comeon, tis going to be lovely...

BTW, if I miss Lost because of this, when is it repeated? If it is..

Coolah boolah. I'll be walking over so I might be a few minutes late or early cos I've never walked there before. Call 087 xxxxxxx if I'm unfashionably late.

adam

Excellent, any more usual suspects, or indeed, unusual suspects? Rymus, nesf, simu, JohnK, etc you know who you are...

Must get phone numbers the next time, precisely for occasions such as this.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

dudara wrote:
    Excellent, any more usual suspects, or indeed, unusual suspects? Rymus, nesf, simu, JohnK, etc you know who you are...

Can't today but some other time would be nice, alright.

Id come... if I wasnt so frightfully lazy... Pints sounds lovely although I fear my resolve for leaving the house is currently lower than a republicans moral standard.

That and I have to fix a pc. Enjoy the pinteens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I'd love to but only just saw this now and dont think I'd be able to make it in :(

I really need to start checking boards during the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Hmm, I thought long and hard about this and reached the following conclusions:

1) It's ****ing horrible and I'm wrecked from the heat. No air conditioning in work and poor ventalation do not a happy nesf make.

2) I've ice cold beer, cider and room temperature (ie just below boiling) wine, aged scotch, Jagermeister (:D) and some random liquers.

3) I also have two dvds to watch.

So yeah. No. Good idea. But no. :)

that and lost is on in a smidgin over 20 mins.

I'd tape it for dudara... if I didn't already have it on my pc (and if I wasn't a notorious meany)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

And its the same again today, if not even warmer. At least we have air con here, and even at that its getting a tad warm.

How wasted this weather is on week days :(

NOW I fancy pints....

I fancy Alka Seltzer. Tom Barry's was beautiful last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

gimmick wrote:
    How wasted this weather is on week days :(

I'm off tomorrow and thursday, i can almost guaran-damn-tee it'll start raining when i step out of the office this evening..

rymus wrote:
    that and lost is on in a smidgin over 20 mins.

I'd tape it for dudara... if I didn't already have it on my pc (and if I wasn't a notorious meany)

Ah be nice and share, pretty please

that reminds me.. I must put some of those episodes onto DVD lest I accidentally delete the entire folder full of em.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

rymus wrote:
    that reminds me.. I must put some of those episodes onto DVD lest I accidentally delete the entire folder full of em.

You definitely should. I can check them to make sure there aren't any errors if you want...

Advertisement