Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MSN messenger 7 help

• 11-07-2005 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

i got msn messenger installed in the college but cant get it to connect any ideas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Maybe their firewall blocks messenger? Maybe you have a personal firewall doing the blocking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Well, MSN 7 worked fine in Carlow IT when I left in May. Though that was in our own lab, might be different in the general access areas.
    Check your proxy configuration in MSN - give it the same settings used in Internet explorer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

i did a test http proxy connections

it says success you can connect to msn messenger sercice

but when i sign in it says service temporarily unavilable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

I was trying all last year to get it to work in the college to no avail. Their Firewall blocks it for some reason best known to the "Technicians". i.e. as not to chew up their counter-strike bandwidth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

ye go to start menu -> programs and got into windows messenger. that'll work with the proxy settings etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Kain

Works on the comuters on the top floor of the library, although they have a tendancy to sign out for no reason every ten minutes.

:confused: :eek: :confused:
    ye go to start menu -> programs and got into windows messenger. that'll work with the proxy settings etc.

what :eek:

its wat i used to use. its a different program than msn messenger except its the same ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

You can use e-messenger.
    Its a web based version of messenger, I don't know how secure it is though...

http://www.e-messenger.net/

See if that works for you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Microsoft have their own web based version of messenger, try that. 'Course, it may be blocked by the proxy in there.

• Advertisement

The_B_Man your way worked i just logged onto a normal pc i had msn 7 on windows 2000 server and it wont run

course it worked. i know everything.

Advertisement