Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

God Mode?

Options
  • 11-07-2005 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

OK - so I'm not perfect, but I'm a decent player... and getting better, but yesterday I happened on a 'ranked' server (can't remember the map) where I ended up trading bullets with two nme soldiers.. doing the usual bunny hop dance of death etc.

I unloaded three full clips into them, and an Anti-Tank missile, and even managed to get a half a clip of pistola into one of them as well - all to no effect. I know it's unusual to survive a 2:1 scenario - but they weren't particularly good players - hence the reason I survived long enough to unload full clips.

Keep the following in mind please:-
    1) I'm not exagerating this
    2) I didn't unload full clips in single bursts - we're talking controlled bursts here
    3) This was a very close range - so close I was also thinking of doing the knife thang on one of them
    4) The only reason I didn't take damage quicker was that they were crap players, and I was dancing around a concrete pillar/column as protection
    5) I hit 'em full on, close quarters regularly - and it didn't even dent them.
    6) I've played on other servers in similar scenarios and managed to take down 2 out of 3 attackers - so I know it's possible (if unlikely) to survive the odds by doing the sensible head shot thing at close range.

So my question is this - is there a GOD MODE hack out there?

ps. And before you respond with the inevitable 'crap player blames hacks instead of getting l33t skills' type stuff.. please do consider the above points. I'm not moaning or bitching about this, I'm just curious to see if there is some way to explain what happened. My stats show that I'm a decent shot, and a decent player - so I'm confused why I couldn't take at least one of these mutts down in the fight.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Well so far weve seen wall hacks, and even bf2 running on a gf4, so a god mode wouldnt be out of the question. And ive seen too many incidents of this myself for comfort. Damn game is gettin roont by haxxors.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

i hate to say it man, but ye just suck :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

Actually Serenity, my stats disagree with you :D

Go check the stats for c0y0te[IRL] and see for yourself! Like I said at the start of this - I'm not the best player that ever lived, but I'm decent enough (I hope :rolleyes: ). It just doesn't make sense that both of 'em could survive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

did they kill you?

they could have just been lagging really badly :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

c0y0te wrote:
    ps. And before you respond with the inevitable 'crap player blames hacks instead of getting l33t skills' type stuff.. please do consider the above points. I'm not moaning or bitching about this, I'm just curious to see if there is some way to explain what happened. My stats show that I'm a decent shot, and a decent player - so I'm confused why I couldn't take at least one of these mutts down in the fight.

There is a known problem with hitboxes, isn't there? All the small arms seem woefully ineffective and random in their behaviour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

If you dont see the X appear after a shot you didnt hit them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Gotta take in mind that the Anti Tank guy's gun is horrendiously inaccurate. I was in a buildin, was a enemy straight ahead i was shootin at, team mate beside him in view,little to the right. Ended up tk'n my guy somehow though. Pistols though, prob bit more accurate than that gun.

But most my tk's been from ppl runin into mines & artillary strikes :mad:

Aint hard till look on map for arty & 3d map for mines :rolleyes:

Advertisement