Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is Maximum office temperature by law

Options
  • 11-07-2005 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Is there a maximum office temperature? I'm currently working in an office where the heat is unbearable. Windows only open 10cm. There are desktop Fans here but they only blowing the hot air in my face...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Dude

Tell me about it we're all dying with the heat, there should be air conditioning everywhere. You should be happy to come into work. I would if there was air conditioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Regulations which apply to temperature do not specify a maximum temperature. A guideline minimum temperature is suggested at 17.5 degrees Celsius. In addition, windows, skylights or glass partitions in offices should not allow excessive temperatures to be reached during hot weather.

From here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Is there a maximum office temperature? I'm currently working in an office where the heat is unbearable. Windows only open 10cm. There are desktop Fans here but they only blowing the hot air in my face...

Exactly the same here. Only without the fans :(

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Tech Overhaul

steviec wrote:
    Exactly the same here. Only without the fans :(

Trust me, the fans don't help much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I was just waiting for people to start moaning about how hot it is.
    Irish people just aren't happy unless they're complaining. Perferably about the weather.
    I'd take bets that this is the same fella who'll be asking us is there a miniumum office temperature in the winter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Tech Overhaul

Sleipnir wrote:
    Irish people just aren't happy unless they're complaining. Perferably about the weather.
    I'd take bets that this is the same fella who'll be asking us is there a miniumum office temperature in the winter

Man I love the hot weather but I don't like the dead heat in this office. Sod all sun light in here, just heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Sleipnir wrote:
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with complaining, if more people complained we would be in a better, tidier, more value for money country.
    The problem is people dont complain to anyone who can do anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭samo

I worked in a place last summer which I ended up leaving becuase it actually made me ill from the humidity, it really is no laughing matter to work in a place where its so hot it makes you throw up - its like a form of torture 8 hours of heatstroke!!

At the time we checked it out through the union and were told like that that there is a minimum working temperature but not a maximum , I guess they never figured heat would be a problem in ireland. The final straw was the day everyone complained and they bought us ice-pops!! Went home that day and didnt come back and actually enjoyed the sunshine for the rest of the summer!

(Drastic solution - not for everyone and I hated the job anyway!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Over 28 degrees is generally considered unacceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Sitting beside a glass wall to the world sun beaming in all day with the A/C on all day.

Although tbh it doesnt do much building is all glass so it gets warm (which i have no problem with what so ever) and damn cold in winter which is annoying.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

'tis the season for the comms room - a lovely cool 19 degrees...

Advertisement