Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

holy crap batman, micra gets bonkers 315bhp motor !

Options
  • 11-07-2005 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭

car_portal_pic_20623.jpg
    autoexpress.co.uk reports this week that Nissan has shoehorned a tweaked version of the 3.5-litre V6 from the 350Z coupé -- into a Micra. The car's to be called the Micra 350SR, and also features a special body kit.

In a move reminiscent of Renault's Clio V6, Nissan has thrown away the rear seats to make way for a mid-mounted version of the 310bhp engine, which has been mated to a close-ratio, six-speed manual gearbox driving the rear wheels. Nissan reckoned the car will make 60mph in under five seconds, with a 150mph top speed.

The heart transplant was conducted by race and tuning company Ray Mallock Limited using parts made by Nissan's motorsport division, Nismo. 350Z wheels and hubs are used along with specially machined drive shafts. Painted in the 2005 350Z Japanese GT touring car colours, the muscular Micra 350SR was first shown at the Goodwood Festival of Speed.

150mph...... in a Micra? class :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Still looks sh!te, though! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

528i wrote:
    150mph...... in a Micra? class :D

Yep, at that speed you might just get away without anyone recognising you behind the wheel of a micra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

still looks very bad, its still a micra at the ed of the day.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

drdre wrote:
    still looks very bad, its still a micra at the ed of the day.:D

Yeah but could you imagine how it would look if a Micra over-took a Skyline !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

john it wont over take a Nissan Skyline GTR as it has 494 bhp. so good luck to the micra. and the micra is for people that cannot afford a skyline and that want a cheaper way to boy race. its a whole different class of people;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

The Micra is also MR, think of the handling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

its still a micra wouldn't be caught dead in it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Mac daddy wrote:
    its still a micra wouldn't be caught dead in it ;)

Not my type of car either, but I'll be driving a '97 one next year :o Oh joy!
    That said it could be a bit of fun, prefer to do it DIY though, a nice little* project.

*big

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

aah deadly buzz man!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

I would'nt give a $hit that its a micra. That looks like so much fun !

310BHP in a very light car....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

drdre wrote:
    john it wont over take a Nissan Skyline GTR as it has 494 bhp. so good luck to the micra. and the micra is for people that cannot afford a skyline and that want a cheaper way to boy race. its a whole different class of people;)
    this thing would rip a skyline a new arsehole ! gtr is 280bhp not 494 bhp - too much granturismo tuning for you boyo :D

its pretty much in the same spirit (mid-mount rwd etc.) as the clio v6, only faster and possible lighter now that nismo had their wicked way

I like the whole reverse psychology thing where you'd pull up to a wrx and he thinks, yea, I'll have me some micra for brekkie today.. them WHAMMMMM!!!
    you stall it :eek: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

If I win the lotto this friday I promise I will buy one and invite yiz all down to mondello for a spin !!!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

I think i would rather go around a corner in a skyline than this hape of ****

Dunno I'd say it would be great on the twisties!! real light etc

really light is bad for corners especially then you are trying to keep 300+bhp on the tar

its all about the downforce man ye know! stick a magic wing up there and bobs yer uncle..!!

I really hope you are never employed by a racing team if you think that's the case!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

egan007 wrote:
    I really hope you are never employed by a racing team if you think that's the case!

Yeah, those F1 cars with 800hp must weigh about 4 tonnes to go so fast. I hear the Ariel Atom has a hard time putting it's 300bhp down as well, cos it weighs about half of the Micra. :rolleyes:

Nonsense.

Yeah, those F1 cars with 800hp must weigh about 4 tonnes to go so fast. I hear the Ariel Atom has a hard time putting it's 300bhp down as well, cos it weighs about half of the Micra. :rolleyes:

Nonsense.

Yours is nonsense - those cars are desingned with aerodynamics power and speed in mind not loading shoppig bags :rolleyes: backatya

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

The engine would've been better used in a Trabant.

• Advertisement

egan007 wrote:
    really light is bad for corners especially then you are trying to keep 300+bhp on the tar

Really light is not bad for corners.
    Yours is nonsense - those cars are desingned with aerodynamics power and speed in mind not loading shoppig bags backatya

no YOURS is nonsense... and so on.

This mid-engined car was hardly designed for loading shopping bags, just as the Skyline was not originally designed to lap the Nurburgring. It just looks like a micra.
    528i wrote:
    The heart transplant was conducted by race and tuning company Ray Mallock Limited using parts made by Nissan's motorsport division, Nismo. 350Z wheels and hubs are used along with specially machined drive shafts. Painted in the 2005 350Z Japanese GT touring car colours, the muscular Micra 350SR was first shown at the Goodwood Festival of Speed.

Hardly a stock micra.

Really light is not bad for corners.

no YOURS is nonsense... and so on.

This mid-engined car was hardly designed for loading shopping bags, just as the Skyline was not originally designed to lap the Nurburgring. It just looks like a micra.

Hardly a stock micra.

Ok you are right about everything in the world
    everyone else is wrong
    the micra is sh!te

anyway lotto this friday ! 80mill in the bank.. micra doing 150 mph! with 6' 4'' man behind the wheel. there will be tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

egan ffs I suspect you think anything with bmw badge is powerful... jump in a 316i. who gives a crap that it looks like a micra, its whats underneath that counts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

yeh the micra is ****e, but lol light is not bad for corners, if u have sufficient downforce etc. Look at cars that race ffs

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

heggie wrote:
    yeh the micra is ****e, but lol light is not bad for corners, if u have sufficient downforce etc. Look at cars that race ffs
    downforce???
    1. I don't think I have ever seen a micrap race here
    2. downforce? Are you confusing driving a micrap with driving a race car? Adding cosworth sized spoilers to a micra will do sweet fa in taking corners as the speeds will be too low to have a significant effect.
    3. its a micrap. adding any cosmetics to it still wont disguise the fact thats its ****e!

are you stupid? i was making the point that light cars can handle fine, i dont give a crap about the micra, think you are the confused one here

egan007 wrote:
    Ok you are right about everything in the world everyone else is wrong

Excellent. I'm glad we got that cleared up.

Some pointless comparisons:

Micra 350SR - 315bhp/~1200kg = 260bhp/t, mid engined, rear wheel drive.
    Clio V6 - 250bhp/ 1400kg = 180bhp/t, mid engined, rear wheel drive.
    Elise 111R - 190bhp/860kg = 220bhp/t mid engined, rear wheel drive.
    BMW M3 - 340bhp/1570kg = 217bhp/t, front engined, rear wheel drive.
    BMW M5 - 500bhp/1830kg = 273bhp/t, front engined, rear wheel drive.
    Ariel Atom 2 - 300bhp/456kg = 660bhp/t, mid engined, rear wheel drive.

Both the Elise and Atom are regarded as among the finest handling cars on the road or track today. Neither use downforce to acheive this. They use light weight.

surely it does, i mean look at the shape of it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AB03

The top gear segment on the Atom is absolutely fckin hilarious. Clarkson ends up with a mashed up face from it. Classic.

Advertisement