Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My specs - updated

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Nice PC Richard. You will be able to get 5,000,000 fps in quake 2 now like!

Back in the day when I enjoyed burning money, em I mean buying every upgrade ever, I would have waited for ATI's almost certainly quicker product :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Ok im still very confused by this moniter cooler. Iv had probably 12 monitors and never had 1 overheat on me?? :rolleyes: . Think HP just stole 10$ off of u :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Ok im still very confused by this moniter cooler. Iv had probably 12 monitors and never had 1 overheat on me?? :rolleyes: . Think HP just stole 10$ off of u :p.
    I just used to pour iced-water over my CRT when it got too warm. I'll miss that monitor...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

koneko wrote:
    Oh yeah man, polishing e-peens totally gets us chicks hot for it.

You know you want me! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

I can definitely see the point of a monitor cooler, a big monitor puts out a lot of heat and cant be good for the insides. It must be literally scorching inside a monitor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

koneko wrote:
    Oh yeah man, polishing e-peens totally gets us chicks hot for it.
    > :eek: Woah, you're a chick??
    >...er.....Cool..... er........a/s/l..... er.....oh wait we've already established the S part, just a/l......

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

No they didn't, he handed over the money. A number of industries feed on the very gullible (419, penis enlargement pills, and most things with cooler in the name). Strictly speaking, in this case it's not even false advertising; the thingy undoubtedly cools the monitor. Of course, this is wholly unnecessary; when did you last hear of a CRT dying a heat death under normal conditions? They die of a lot of things, but not heat. This is simply a small waste of energy and money. And looking at yer man's specs, that is the least of his worries.
    I am showing off!!!!...why the hell not?
    Put alot of time and money into this, damn right i'm waving my penis around. :p

My, aren't you clever? Look, I can spend money

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I think some people mistook the point of the post and the forum it was in . This is the "Tweaking and Modding" forum , this is what these guys do and then post about it so others can see and maybe get ideas , and also to say " check this out " . Over in the battlefield forums the gamers post their stats , here they post their setup .Everyone has their own thing , if I could afford that rig I wouldn't post it here , I would post it everywhere :) .

jonski wrote:
    Everyone has their own thing , if I could afford that rig I wouldn't post it here , I would post it everywhere :) .

I would not post it in a box, I would not post it with a fox, I would not post it in the air, I would not post it anywhere!

Well, not the bit about the monitor fan, anyway; that's just embarrasing.

And yes, I realise a large part of the point of this forum is penis size wars; I'm only teasing gently ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

jonski wrote:
    I think some people mistook the point of the post and the forum it was in . This is the "Tweaking and Modding" forum , this is what these guys do and then post about it so others can see and maybe get ideas , and also to say " check this out " . Over in the battlefield forums the gamers post their stats , here they post their setup .Everyone has their own thing , if I could afford that rig I wouldn't post it here , I would post it everywhere :) .
    Well at the start there was alot of confusion, we just didnt know what response he wanted! that why he got a whole spectrum of responses.

• Advertisement

I think we should lobby for an [e-peen] (thanks Koneko!) tag, it would make threads like this a lot clearer!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,715 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

putting specs in your sig is probably worse tbh...

Could be... quite possibly worse... but I don't get offended by people querying them ;)

Pfft....be glad i don't post pics OF my penis, then you guys would really have something to be jealous of.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Gareth2303

I think your forgetting how you bought your pc rich....Compensation from the accident you had in that warehouse. Remember..It got chopped off :D lol

Oj, Nice setup!!

Gareth2303 wrote:
    I think your forgetting how you bought your pc rich....Compensation from the accident you had in that warehouse. Remember..It got chopped off :D lol

Oj, Nice setup!!

Shhh! ;)

Haha...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

astrofool wrote:
    putting specs in your sig is probably worse tbh...

Yes, actually, I propose a thread on feedback banning specs in sigs, to be replaced instead with a link to a page listing the spec instead.

Also, rsynnot, it's not how much you spend, but what you spend it on and how they come together.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

nice rig, but aircooling and pc3700 ram aint up to much these days. But i think the 7800 probably makes up for it..maybe, lol

alos why gigabyte???....whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy... :)

OCZ PC3700 gave me the best timings at 2.8V, You can get faster memory but the latencies goes way up. I wanted CAS 2, sure you can get OCZ that can go 2-2-2-5 upto DDR500...but at 3.3-3.5V. Not many boards support this high voltage.

I can get 2-3-3-8 upto DDR480, i can get 2.5-3.3.8 upto DDR500. I've seen this memory go to DDR520...but not totally stable.

Gigabyte rocks...it's feature packed and stable as hell, but not a great overclocker. I'm afraid of watercooling.... :(

• Advertisement

With specs like that, why overclock? lol...

Gareth2303 wrote:
    With specs like that, why overclock? lol...
    :eek: You heathen...

what ... :( did i say something wrong?

SyxPak wrote:
    Yes, actually, I propose a thread on feedback banning specs in sigs, to be replaced instead with a link to a page listing the spec instead.

Also, rsynnot, it's not how much you spend, but what you spend it on and how they come together.

Well, exactly. It would buy only a very small part of a moon rocket, for example. And, of course, no-one should ever buy a monitor fan. *giggles* (AFAIR, in fact, a CRT needs to be at a certain temperature to function, like most other vacuum tube devices. The fan just wastes energy; doesn't even make the monitor cooler ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

rsynnott wrote:
    The fan just wastes energy; doesn't even make the monitor cooler ;) )

probably true, a waste if u ask me

I got the XFX GTX card, by default it's 450/1280!!...dunno what's up with that but i like it. It's super quite....gonna rip the heatsink off and AS5 that sucker!!!

Advertisement